ID:1712863

Just curious. I'd like to see something like this, but the only 'super-hero' esque stuff I've seen on BYOND have been Naruto, and DBZ rips.

Has there ever been a super-hero themed game, and if not why hasn't there been one?

Just curious. I love comics and think it would totally work for an RPG style game here.
Falacy made a really bad one some time ago. I forgot the name, but it's been taken down anyways. If I remember, all you did was customize your costume and train in the gym.
In response to Fugsnarf
Don't think I ever heard of it.

I dunno, it's just something that interests me. I've been on a big comic book binge right now.
I think Fat Albert made an X-Men game. I think a Star Wars one too.
In response to EmpirezTeam
I played the Star Wars one off and one when it was popular. I had fun with it.

Would there even be an appeal for a super-hero based game here anyways?
If it's good, there'd be appeal for anything.
In response to Fugsnarf
Fugsnarf wrote:
If it's good, there'd be appeal for anything.

Edit: And Fat Albert had some nice games
In response to Fugsnarf
This is true.

If all else fails, do it yourself right? I'd love to do something like it once I was more comfortable with DM.
I did some stuff for a super hero themed game awhile back. Basically just a top-down CoH clone. I think the final nail in the coffin was just me being tired of working on a game with no artist, like usual.
Mellow made an excellent X men game, great RP, but he gave up on that a while back
Super Hero Bash used to exist...
In response to Branks
Branks wrote:
Super Hero Bash used to exist...

That game was awesome. One of the first games I really got into after I came back in '01.
Yut Put wrote:
Fat Albert used to be my idol as a game developer back in 08 haha

Drakiel was pretty damn awesome too.
I think it would actually be quite interesting too, I have played a few Superhero games here on Byond and they have actually turned out quite well.
Fat Albert was a god
Did you ever actually talk to him? The kid was crazy, he used to go on power trips, making himself epic and annihilating everyone for giggles.
In response to Mask of Illusion
Mask of Illusion wrote:
Did you ever actually talk to him? The kid was crazy, he used to go on power trips, making himself epic and annihilating everyone for giggles.

LMAOOO, nope never talked to em just enjoyed some of his games.
Mask of Illusion wrote:
he used to go on power trips, making himself epic and annihilating everyone for giggles.

What's wrong with that?

He was just making sure his players knew who the alpha male was. He was making players aware that he was wearing the pants in the relationship. There's nothing wrong here. Even in the animal kingdom, the male lion asserts his dominance over the females. I'm sure if lions developed games, they'd go on power trips and annihilate everyone as well.
Lions don't need video games to go on power trips, if a lion wants to dominate someone it'll let everyone know. They are the Kings of the Jungle for a reason, they don't follow the laws of mere Humans.
Mask of Illusion wrote:
Lions don't need video games to go on power trips, if a lion wants to dominate someone it'll let everyone know. They are the Kings of the Jungle for a reason, they don't follow the laws of mere Humans.

Lions don't live in the jungle.
Page: 1 2