You have to keep current with the evolving standards of HTML5 or your browser won't work properly with the webclient as it changes to meet the new standards.
I just have to keep meeting the web client standards. There is no saying how often it will get updated. Aside from that I still need a method of adding necessary HTML5 functionality to AIR, unless you know a simple example of modifying chrome and retaining an ability to use this chrome spinoff for commercial purposes.

I wonder if this would tell me where to look, if I compared it to chrome. Naw, it doesn't even show up browser box plus mark.

Guess it's time to get studying again
Can I ask why you're trying to make a browser for the webclient when the point of the webclient is to avoid downloading more shenanigans and google chrome does the job already?
In response to Lugia319
Lugia319 wrote:
Can I ask why you're trying to make a browser for the webclient when the point of the webclient is to avoid downloading more shenanigans and google chrome does the job already?

because complicating things is what we're good at here on BYOND
I want to take a website and embed a BYOND game to that website. I want to have a custom browser which takes OUYA controller input and restricts input to the embedded game eg no clicking outside "white space" of the website. I want the browser to not have any search interface at the top or anywhere- basically just hide the fact it is a broswer. I want this browser when opened to connect to a specific link. I want to be able to convert this browser to an apk to load onto an OUYA. Overall I want this browser to be customizable and restrictive.
In response to Sir Quizalot
I don't think you truly realize how complex what you're trying to create is. Browsers average somewhere along the line of millions of lines of code, and require thousands of man-hours to create. Sure, you could create a basic toy browser on your own, but for the functionality you're seeking you're looking at a massive workload that I'm going to outright say is not possible for one person to feasibly put together in a reasonable time frame.

You either need to find alternatives, or make compromises that you're not going to be able to achieve exactly what you're asking for.
I want a billion dollars. I want a Cadillac Elmiraj. I want two 10-bedroom mansions - one for me and one for my parents. I want a curvaceous woman of Latin descent to serve me breakfast in bed. I want to be able to grow a full, thick beard and not just a pitiful, spotted mound of strands like what I have now. I want to be 3 inches taller and have washboard abs. I want the world to tremble at the mention of my name, and for lightning to rain violently down from the heavens whenever I speak so that everyone will know I'm serious business. I want to rescue a helpless tadpole from a collapsing skyscraper and do a barrel roll out of one of the windows and when I reach the ground I want everyone to drop to their knees in awe once they realize I'm completely unscathed. I want Branks to stop ending 90% of his sentences with 3 periods. Overall, I want this life to be full of fame, fortune, females, and frogs.

Someone give me some concepts here.
You're really over complicating things. Wait until we can actually play with the client a little more (ie. embed it in our own web spaces instead of having to link to BYOND.com) and this will all get a lot simpler. There are a plethora of pre-made webviews (CacoonJS, CrossWalk, Intel XDK, PhoneGap) that already do all of this for you, or at the very least allow you to do it with minimal effort. There is absolutely zero reason to try to reinvent the wheel here, especially when we don't know what the wheel looks like yet.
Web view won't work, OUYA 's default browser doesn't run the web client. If a web client can be built to run on web browsers web browsers can be built that rely on that web client's specific functionality. All I need it to be is possible and it is. I don't think of it as a massive workload, rather step by step-small codebases, it will get done. I don't doubt this just need to fill that next level-that gap of knowledge.

Empirez Team lol.

My suggestion for you, make a lot of money. People will accept money to setup something that looks like these.
From what I can see, Ouya's browser has HTML5 support. Perhaps you're doing something wrong or not waiting long enough for things to load?
No, it uses an android browser. I navigate to the site and it doesn't run.
Sounds like they need to update their browser. My Android 4.0 phone can load the web-client. The screen size makes it fairly redundant but it loads.
It crashes, so I guess it's the web clients fault, as everything works fine up til that point. Android 4.1.2

I have three options, get OUYA to update their browser, get BYOND to support older browsers (4.1.2) or build a web browser for OUYA that can run BYOND web client.

I can guarantee the third with some hard work. And the fact that the game runs only in the version of BYOND I set it I don't have to update with each update of software, unless I want the new features or bug fixes.

New Name: Not browser but interpreter. Both the website the web client and interpreter in desired language(can be any so long as it can make an apk with OUYA interfaces) will communicate with one another using custom code phrases which only each knows what to do with. This way I retain the multiplayer functionality of BYOND.

Since it's for the web client and potentially a web site I design it doesn't have to be exhaustive. Just need to know what the website and web client will be saying and write code to do stuff for those specific code phrases. Streamlined, no?

Infinite threading realized possible no justu. Call me inception.

Interpreter example not me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z20BYp59OQ
Page: 1 2