Frontline Assault

by PopLava
Frontline Assault
A multiplayer war strategy game!
ID:1713104

Played this for the first time yesterday. Solo, since nobody else joined, but I still enjoyed it. I've got a few comments.

1) The AI is not very... smart... I watched it spend about 10 turns moving the same groups back and forth to the same space. Though it did beat me my first game, though I think that has a lot to do with comment 2.

2) Distribution of bases. If you divide the board into quadrants, there should probably be a near even division of bases in each quadrant. My first game, my quadrant only had three bases, while one of the AI's had seven, one had six, and one had I believe five. Shockingly, I got creamed... ;)

3) Maybe a smaller board option? In my second game, it became pretty clear that I was going to win, but it took a LONG time to finish off the stragglers spread to the corners of the board. Longer than I'd probably want to spend normally. That, or maybe have the AI concede if it has been X number of turns, and they are massively outnumbered.

Overall, I like it. I'd like to see similar games based on the setup using different types of units, more variety of terrain, different move rules, etc. :)

Thanks

P.S. It seemed to work fine for me in the webclient, though I'm not sure what it's actually supposed to look like.
1. Nope, not smart.
2. Agreed. Distribution needs to be balanced.
3. I had planned on creating variable sized boards and possibly irregular shaped boards.
- Conceding is a decent option.

It was a little "cleaner" in the BYOND Client version. Everything lined up as expected and now a number of elements are just wonky.

Anyway, great feedback. Appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.