ID:1713236

Poll: Would you play a Doctor Who game?

Yes 33% (6)
No 66% (12)

Login to vote.

I had a thread earlier about a super-hero game idea and if it would work here on BYOND. But when thinking of ideas and prototyping the only superhero I could think of was 'The Doctor'.

Now, I know there's some distaste for fan-games, so I've decided to do one that isn't a rip, and is being built from the ground up.

EDIT: As clarification, you play as The Doctor and it's a single-player idea.
---
I just hope there's an interest as I don't imagine there's a huge Doctor Who following here.

If there is, go check out the hub for details - http://www.byond.com/games/Manio/DoctorWhoRebirth
The issue here is that you'd have everyone wanting to be The Doctor, and nobody wanting to be anything else. I don't foresee it going so well.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
The issue here is that you'd have everyone wanting to be The Doctor, and nobody wanting to be anything else. I don't foresee it going so well.

Speak for yourself.

I'm looking forward to playing as the Daleks. EXTERMINATE!!!
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:

Fair enough.

It was a single-player idea anyway where you play as The Doctor.

Well, in the case of a single-player game, definitely, if it's made well enough, I'd play it.

You should have probably clarified that in your original post.
I definitely would (and have) play a single player Doctor Who game. That said, I really don't understand why anyone would choose to use BYOND as a platform to develop a single player game.
I would rather player a multiplayer Doctor who game, you could easily start everybody off as a human and have the world develop as the players play it-

Maybe kaleds and other races so that you can create the daleks/cybermen

(I want to be a sea devil :3)
I'd play. All that matters is if there's enough positive votes, also.