ID:1713582

(See the best response by Gokussj99.)
Hey guys, I've been trying to get step stuff working, but I have no idea how! So far all I know is the walk_rand command ;)
Do you guys know of any previous topics where this has been covered or demoed? Or you could try explaining it to me ;) Thanks guys!
Could you elaborate what you're trying to accomplish?
for instance:
mob
jim
verb
Move()
src.Step (.north)
??????????????????????????????? Whats the command for this?
Best response

step(usr,NORTH) ?
mob

Enemies
icon = 'Enemie.dmi'
icon_state="Enemie1"
density = 1
New(/**/)
..(/**/)
walk_rand(src, 20)

Really simple :3
there is the walk and the step command, for that you can use
walk(object,direction) this causes the object to move in that direction eg(NORTH EAST NORTHEAST)
walk_to(object,target,Distance) this causes an object to follow another object and keep a minimum distance between them

and there is step(object,direction)
and step_to(objecy,target,Distance) which only take one step

You should check out the DM guide there is a section for that with many more procs about movement
http://www.byond.com/docs/guide/

eg.
var/mob/something=new/mob/man(loc=locate(4,4,1)) this will create a new mob and assign it to a variable named something.

mob/verb/FollowMe()
walk_to(something,usr) this tells our new mob stored in something to follow the player
ok, thanks! I'll see if I can find the section on that in the dm guide, but I have looked before and not found anything helpful... Thanks guys ;)
Victorqr, with your first example: walk(object,direction),
Would this work?
walk(src,North)? Would this, when called, make the mob walk north forever? If so that's awesome!
With the (object,target,distance), how do you set a target? What types of targets can you use? Could you use a xyz loc for a target? Or the player? Or even another mob? How does this work?
In response to Flying1ace
Flying1ace wrote:
ok, thanks! I'll see if I can find the section on that in the dm guide, but I have looked before and not found anything helpful... Thanks guys ;)
Victorqr, with your first example: walk(object,direction),
Would this work?
walk(src,North)? Would this, when called, make the mob walk north forever? If so that's awesome!
With the (object,target,distance), how do you set a target? What types of targets can you use? Could you use a xyz loc for a target? Or the player? Or even another mob? How does this work?

If you check the reference most questions are answered there.
kk thanks
Go to link I gave you in chapter 14 somewhere in the middle is the movement section. Yes walk(src,NORTH) would work if you use it inside a mob. A target can also be a mob ;)

Now I would suggest that you read the Guide it will help you understand what you are trying to do.

mobs have a proc that is named New(). This proc is executed when an object has been created, so in the New() proc add the walk(src,NORTH)command