ID:1716164

(See the best response by Nadrew.)
Is there a way to update the shell server's dmb and rsc files without having to uploading them cuz that takes a while and i have heard people saying that they can do it. They wont tell me how but is it possible? maybe with some type of code/verb? if there is can maybe on of you show me it?

Best response
Unless you have the entire source to the game on the server and compiled it there, no. You'd still have to upload your code changes.

Your best bet is to zip the rsc and dmb into a single file and unzip it on the server after you upload it.
So im still going to need to compile then upload the file, it isnt really a problem but it takes a while to upload...it wud be easier to like update using a verb then reboot or something
the rsc is a big file so it takes a while is there a way to maybe reduce it? i should clean compile right? but idk if theres any icons missing i dont think so...
So basically for ME, i wont be able to do it right? like its too hard to code in guess?
I mean BYONDpanel
You could always run a GIT on your computer, compile, and then reboot your game and before it actually calls world.Reboot() have it download the game files from the GIT repository (the .dmb and .rsc) and then have it actually reboot itself, taking on the new files the next time it loads. But, this becomes problematic if you download files each time you reboot. So, perhaps an Update verb that is separate? Your choice. Just a thought. Not a solution.

Edit: Hell, to save yourself the trouble of even trying to set it up... Dropbox or Google Drive and make a private share link. Throw it in your script and have it store itself there.
GatewayRa wrote:
Naruto 5292 wrote:
I mean BYONDpanel

you'll have to talk to the owner of byondpanel into setting up something easier for you to work with then

I'm sure I can set up something custom with GIT or Dropbox for the client.

The client just needs to submit a ticket explaining what course of action they want to take.
Im not totally sure how I would be able to set that up or well code it in so if anyone can help me with it please let me know