ID:1716426

Descriptive Problem Summary: BYOND client removes itself after installation

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem: Download BYOND client. Install BYOND client. Launch BYOND client. Client then removes itself and the desktop item.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results: BYOND client opens and runs.

Actual Results: BYOND client never fully launches and then removes itself.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Everytime
In other games? N/A
In other user accounts? N/A
On other computers? N/A

When does the problem NOT occur? When using the beta client.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.) N/A

Workarounds: None found (N/A)

Hi WDadade,

Is it possible that you have an antivirus that is quarantining the files, or rolling back the installation?

Have you tried using the zip version of BYOND (available on the downloads page through the [zip] link)?
I don't have an anti-virus (my license expired some time ago) and I have tried the zip. The beta version seems to work but after launching my pc the next day it did BYOND.exe did delete itself again though it kept all user files after I reinstalled it (password, login, etc)
In response to WDadade
WDadade wrote:
I don't have an anti-virus (my license expired some time ago) and I have tried the zip. The beta version seems to work but after launching my pc the next day it did BYOND.exe did delete itself again though it kept all user files after I reinstalled it (password, login, etc)

Maybe you should get an AV lol that doesn't sound right.