ID:1717250

Is the BYOND name trademarked or copyrighted or whatever?(sorry, not familiar with how copyrights and trademarks work), because there is a new site i didn't see before called byond.org... it's some disaster relief website.
Time to sue the pants off some highly-original-name-stealing humanitarian aid workers!
He can't.

A similar thing happened a year or two ago with Blizzard and Valve. All Valve had to do to avoid any issues was make sure they named their game "Dota 2" and not "DOTA 2", since DOTA is an acronym but when you lowercase the letters it's just a word.

BYOND is Build Your Own Net Dream. Byond is just... Byond.
I didn't say anything about suing, lol. I was just asking if that is legal.
In response to AmberJones13
AmberJones13 wrote:
I didn't say anything about suing, lol. I was just asking if that is legal.

Yes, it's legal.
It's a completely different product therefore it's legal.

Now if they had software that is like BYOND's, ie Game making software, then yes one could sue them.
Disaster relief? Where's my relief? Clearly Tom uses them funds from this site to fund that one. Horrible. That, or he uses funds from that one to keep this one going.
In response to NNAAAAHH
NNAAAAHH wrote:
Disaster relief? Where's my relief? Clearly Tom uses them funds from this site to fund that one. Horrible. That, or he uses funds from that one to keep this one going.

byond.org funds byond.com oh how hilarious that would be.
**Copies, Pastes and Places everywhere possible**
Yut Put wrote:
we should all use this as splash screens for games

"The Nexus: "

Clearly, this website wasn't what I had originally thought, this is the work of The Nexus!
Of course. The world is definitely going to need some relief after the disasters Developous will unleash upon the world if he ever finishes the Nexus.
There's also the Byond line of tablets.
Andrew it has always been so difficult to determine whether or not you are joking... LOL

Is it for real?

EDIT: Fuck yeah!!!

Looks like they are only available in India?
cos dem for 'indie' devloprs?

In fact I like the design of these o_o

Tom when some nice products like these? lol
Half of our support request are for those damn phones.
Bwahahahahaah I made all dem tickets!

Serisouly, they have BYOND in uppercase on the back, *cough*itarip!*cough*
Inb4 tom takes actions and sends a letter to Byond company.
We're unraveling Tom's master plan. Quick- before we all get banned and Tom acts like this post never happened; screen shot!

Tom has clearly started these other companies/brands in a attempt to gather riches. This is clearly how he's been paying for his top-dollar ramen.
In response to NNAAAAHH
NNAAAAHH wrote:
...his top-dollar ramen.

Page: 1 2 3