In response to digitalmouse
digitalmouse wrote:
Windows 10 is marketing stupidity because they think that by skipping 9 and going to 10 gets them competitive again with Mac OS X (10), and the other *nix-based and BSD-based OS's that are above version 10.

Does *not* mean it will be a better OS.

Somebody's skeptical. Weird naming conventions aside, I like Windows 8 despite its problems. From the looks of it, Windows 10 is going to address almost all of said problems. There's little reason not to upgrade, especially since it'll be free, if you want to keep using Windows.
In response to Fugsnarf
Fugsnarf wrote:
digitalmouse wrote:
Windows 10 is marketing stupidity because they think that by skipping 9 and going to 10 gets them competitive again with Mac OS X (10), and the other *nix-based and BSD-based OS's that are above version 10.

Does *not* mean it will be a better OS.

Somebody's skeptical. Weird naming conventions aside, I like Windows 8 despite its problems. From the looks of it, Windows 10 is going to address almost all of said problems. There's little reason not to upgrade, especially since it'll be free, if you want to keep using Windows.

Did you say free? Oh, my... I think my pants are wet. I didn't know this. Finally, I get something better than 8.1 :) I can't wait.
In response to Xirre
Xirre wrote:
Did you say free? Oh, my... I think my pants are wet. I didn't know this. Finally, I get something better than 8.1 :) I can't wait.

Lol you're funny, apparently it's free for 1 year. I don't know if after that year you will need to purchase the OS for critical updates or if you can even reinstall the OS for "free" after that period..

It's all a bit vague.
a microsoft employee told me 7 and 8.1 will have free upgrades. i also signed up for their insider program or whatever because i'd like to be the first to know about hololens. it'll probably be too expensive for me to purchase it but im interested anyway. augmented reality rocks and whoever develops a device that nails it first is going to make insane money.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
a microsoft employee told me 7 and 8.1 will have free upgrades.

That's correct and apparently you can grab the tech preview* now via Windows Update.. never noticed it in there on mine laptop tbh..

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/02/02/ windows-10-automatic-install/
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:
a microsoft employee told me 7 and 8.1 will have free upgrades.

That's correct and apparently you can grab the tech preview* now via Windows Update.. never noticed it in there on mine laptop tbh..

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/02/02/ windows-10-automatic-install/

that article reminded me of something else im excited about: cortana.

i dont know why but i look forward to talking to my computer 24/7.
Try saying some Halo references to Cortana and you get some funny or interesting responses.
Page: 1 2 3