ID:1722400

Keywords: bingo, byond

Poll: Yur Thought?

Yes 60% (18)
No 13% (4)
Depends 26% (8)

Login to vote.

Arcade games are overwhelmingly single player. BYOND was designed as a multiplayer platform. Not saying arcade games can't be made on it, but it seems like a waste to focus on single player games when BYOND does so much multiplayer for you.
In response to Lugia319
Lugia319 wrote:
Arcade games are overwhelmingly single player. BYOND was designed as a multiplayer platform.

Of coarse I'm talking about Multiplayer here, this is BYOND e.o
I feel like Arcade games are usually fast paced, involving a lot of explosions and that type of thing. BYOND can pull that off in single player but running an arcade shooter for example over a network with BYOND is really pushing it I think.

I'm more in the category of 'depends'. Like, show me something that works and I'll believe it's possible but currently I'm not sure it would be possible.
I was thinking of trying to code a realm of the mad god clone on here but I have so much work with my research project and college that I just don't have the time. I don't think it'd be toooooo much as long as you limited the player total and object recycled.
In response to Lugia319
Lugia319 wrote:
I have so much work with my research project and college that I just don't have the time.

BS. You ain't doing no research project. You were playing Pokemon and catching Lugia! DON'T ACT LIKE YOU AIN'T GOT TIME TO MAKE DEM GAEMS.
If BYOND could host flash games people prob would make more. But you have to download and play yourself and thats pretty lame.
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
If BYOND could host flash games people prob would make more. But you have to download and play yourself and thats pretty lame.

Right? It's not like we have a web client or anything x3
Still has to be hosted. Flash game websites host the games themselves keeping them up 24/7.
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
Still has to be hosted. Flash game websites host the games themselves keeping them up 24/7.

In response to Ganite
The files get hosted but flash games aren't servers. BYOND's webclient is for servers so they can allow multiple players in the same world.
In response to Zecronious
Zecronious wrote:
The files get hosted but flash games aren't servers. BYOND's webclient is for servers so they can allow multiple players in the same world.

Well he said arcade games when you say arcade games I think flash games. And if you want Flash Games to work on BYOND it needs to work like other sites instead of having to download the file or have someone else hosting it. In my opinion.
In response to Ganite
Even in flash games, you still download the file. That's what's happening while the game loads.
In response to Vrocaan
Vrocaan wrote:
Even in flash games, you still download the file. That's what's happening while the game loads.

Ah didn't know that.
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
Vrocaan wrote:

Ah didn't know that.

You just thought it magically appeared?

Even this text is bytes of data you have to download to read..

Also Flash games (multiplayer ones at least) depending on how complex normally do have a backend server distribution all the bits and bobs to other players. Just like BYOND.
No I didn't think it magically appeared. I don't live in Gaga land.
http://www.byond.com/games/Kozuma3/Bingo

Is being hosted, get in here!
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Lugia319 wrote:
I have so much work with my research project and college that I just don't have the time.

BS. You ain't doing no research project. You were playing Pokemon and catching Lugia! DON'T ACT LIKE YOU AIN'T GOT TIME TO MAKE DEM GAEMS.

Technically true! I still have to beat the Elite 4 and finish that Nuzlocke before I can Alpha Sapphire! But I have a winter break coming up and if I get some real motivation I could probably program RotMG in 2 weeks! But I have a significant other and we plan to watch Sherlock and Doctor Who and assorted movies so I probably won't get around to programming it. Also because it'll probably be tagged "fangame" or something and everyone will toss a fit over it because it's not original or something. Whatevs.
In response to Lugia319
Lugia319 wrote:
But I have a significant other

Disregard females, acquire BYOND fame.
Lugia319 does plenty fine with women, AND has good grades.
Page: 1 2