ID:1722573

After that last thread that revealed mine and Gateway Ra's true secret anonymous and ePiC identities, me and Galactic Soldier have decided to leave the BYOND Forums. We know we will be missed deeply. We just wanted to make sure you guys know that we're leaving having accomplished most of what we had in mind. The forums are gone, and without them BYOND will surely go under.

This post will inevitably be deleted once a moderator sees it, but know by doing this, you're only reiterating mine and Galactic Soldier's points. Also, the community needs to know when its best users are leaving.

So, there's an objective truth you need to know about the moderators. And, Tom/Nadrew/Fugsnarf, if you call this "negative speech" towards the moderators, I swear I will post Ter13's logs regarding this. Not only to these forums, but also to /r/DreamMakers.

According to Ter13, who has spoken out against the actions of Nadrew to me on Skype, the moderators are forced to act in harmony. Basically, they're not allowed to publicly disagree with one another, and constantly fight in Moderator Discussion. Nadrew pretty much has all of the moderators held by strings, and one thing I will give Ter13 credit for is fighting against many of Nadrew's actions when he passes out ban-hammers for posts that do not warrant such actions. Users like Me and Galactic Soldier are not the reason BYOND's community is failing. It's the politics behind the moderation. They can't even agree with one another when it comes to judging a user's post.

Just keep this information in mind the next time someone like Tom complains about how hard it is to moderate a forum with a very small userbase of trolls.
I hope that you and the rest of the minions got what you came for, by antagonizing a very valued member of the moderation team and this community to the point where they just gave up and left! I will remember Ter13 as one of BYOND's greatest developers.

I don't care what you have to hold against the community, because you have clearly indicated that you are an enemy of BYOND and all that it stands for. I would suggest that you leave as you claim you will do, because I doubt that anyone here wants to continue to tolerate your presence on these forums.

Things were already bad enough without you guys making them that much worse. Tom wants to remove part of the forums for financial reasons, which has little to do with the moderation team, but you all just wanted to try and push people and things over the edge. I hope to see the BYOND community last, no matter what happens to this site.

Just know that if I ever leave this community, it will never be because of trolling minions like you.
PooglyDoo wrote:
We just wanted to make sure you guys know that we're leaving having accomplished most of what we had in mind. The forums are gone, and without them BYOND will surely go under.

Proving the point that you all deserved any moderation you got.

Also, the community needs to know when its best users are leaving.

One of it's best users left yesterday, and many other before him. Thanks a lot.

Please just stop.

I'm not associated to the op.

I suppose my main point here is that everyone's kind of stuck in a pickle thanks to the politics of the moderation system.
I vouch to moderate in his place while he is gone. I shall keep the forums nice and clean for users. Plus I like the community. It is welcoming. Kind of like a home away from home.