ID:1723554

Anyone thinking of developing for one of these? Think images change, based on input from a VR eyewear, and there you go. A DLL or the web client should make it possible in the extreme case it's necessary to take input.
They're already in production.
You're making a game for one of these?
I really don't think this is possible with the BYOND engine. It's certainly not practical, and even if accomplished it will look hacky. If you want to develop for the Oculus, you should find a different language.
What does hacky look like? Practical sounds like using a rip and editing it. I have chosen my language and made known my thoughts on the topic.
SS13 would be super fun in Oculus.
In response to Sir Quizalot
Sir Quizalot wrote:
What does hacky look like? Practical sounds like using a rip and editing it. I have chosen my language and made known my thoughts on the topic.

I seriously don't know why I bother replying to your topics. Have fun making your 3D BYOND game.
In response to Unwanted4Murder
Unwanted4Murder wrote:
Sir Quizalot wrote:

I seriously don't know why I bother replying to your topics. Have fun making your 3D BYOND game.

If you haven't figured out that Sir Quizalot is trolling us by now, I've got some bad news for you.
In response to Lugia319
Lugia319 wrote:
If you haven't figured out that Sir Quizalot is trolling us by now, I've got some bad news for you.

Not trolling.

Quizzing.
I don't know, I just don't see why a troll would have such intricate, meandering, utterly incomprehensible conversations with himself. Maybe I'm just naive.
It's not our fault that you can't comprehend his genius.
One day... Sword Art Online will come.
In response to DarkNinjaNaut
DarkNinjaNaut wrote:
One day... Sword Art Online will come.

This.
Not really. The NerveGear is far too dangerous, no one would ever use that thing. Now that I think about it, it would also probably be wildly dangerous to create and test it. How many people do you know would alpha or beta test a game where they have to sign a death waiver first? "We are not responsible if your brain gets fried when playing our game."

I'd rather Log Horizon come true than SAO/GGO.
My understanding is that you'd need to physically connect the NerveGear to your nervous system a la The Matrix. Otherwise, with current knowledge, it'd be impossible to replicate. I know I'm not doing that.
Someone I know wants to make something like the nerve gear. I told them they weren't far off from making something close. Right now Occulus plus this and a pair of headphones could serve a safe similar purpose. Yay for EEG.

There is input but no output. Yet, I don't ever see myself wanting to be unconscious to enjoy any experience besides a peaceful sleep so maybe that's a good thing. Not sure if directly sending electricity to the brain will ever produce higher quality immersion than video screens regardless of the state of consciousness.
In response to Sir Quizalot
Sir Quizalot wrote:
Not sure if directly sending electricity to the brain will ever produce higher quality immersion than video screens regardless of the state of consciousness.

I am pretty sure

I wouldn't mind having a helmet that induces lucid dreams. That'd be a fun video game.
Fugsnarf do you even Yolo? @Empirez *WARNING SPOILER BELOW*

The way the show is going atm I don't think you'd want log horizon either...

Yes, emotiv does look the closest. Lacking response though...The problem comes with Taste/Smell and other non-"5 senses" like balance, temperature, self awareness(geographic).
https://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=XIJVhHRZcns&list=UUVvGY8VclMr5wceSju6FHBg

Thought this was interesting. Uses more then one sense for immersion. Like smell.
Page: 1 2