In response to Magicsofa
Magicsofa wrote:
Gokussj99 said:
She don't want the D dog.

Oh, I'm pretty sure she does...unless of course she is writing a novel

The girl I'm referring told me she is a literary major which is absolutely perfect. She likes to read and write so I was thinking about asking her to proofread and provide feedback on what I have already, and then after we get to know each other via that for a while, I'll just randomly unzip my pants in front of her one day and hope for the best.

Wish me luck guys. Every Frog King needs a Frog Queen. If I marry this chick I'll force her to make a BYOND account so she can be apart of our big dysfunctional family here.
Literary majors lel. Science or GTFO
Cloud Magic wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Magicsofa wrote:
Gokussj99 said:
She don't want the D dog.

Oh, I'm pretty sure she does...unless of course she is writing a novel

The girl I'm referring told me she is a literary major which is absolutely perfect. She likes to read and write so I was thinking about asking her to proofread and provide feedback on what I have already, and then after we get to know each other via that for a while, I'll just randomly unzip my pants in front of her one day and hope for the best.

Wish me luck guys. Every Frog King needs a Frog Queen. If I marry this chick I'll force her to make a BYOND account so she can be apart of our big dysfunctional family here.

This, gentleman, is the banter of a 30 year old virgin.

More like a lunatic holy shit.
Last time I showed my penis to someone hoping for it to work out well, I need up in jail then court, then on a sex offender list. Legit shit.

I'd do it again, and I do, but not in public anymore.
I made some progress today with the hot chick.

I held the door open for her as she was walking into the break area. Then I stared at her butt for 5 or so seconds before I went back to doing whatever it was I was supposed to be doing.

One step closer to her being my wife. Amirite?

And then the backup wife came in at 3:00 PM and I totally got a chance to be her knight in shining armor. She was too short to reach a hat on a shelf, and she asked me to grab it for her. I got it down and she smiled and said "Thanks so much". Any time a girl smiles and says "Thanks so much" that's a clear sign you're going to be in bed with her within the next few days.

Oh and by backup wife, I mean if things don't work out with the super hot chick, I'll fall back on this chick and make her my wife. If the plan B wife doesn't work out either, I'll just have to settle with the girl with the humpback and mustache that works down in the cafe.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
I made some progress today with the hot chick.

I held the door open for her as she was walking into the break area. Then I stared at her butt for 5 or so seconds before I went back to doing whatever it was I was supposed to be doing.

One step closer to her being my wife. Amirite?

And then the backup wife came in at 3:00 PM and I totally got a chance to be her knight in shining armor. She was too short to reach a hat on a shelf, and she asked me to grab it for her. I got it down and she smiled and said "Thanks so much". Any time a girl smiles and says "Thanks so much" that's a clear sign you're going to be in bed with her within the next few days.

Oh and by backup wife, I mean if things don't work out with the super hot chick, I'll fall back on this chick and make her my wife. If the plan B wife doesn't work out either, I'll just have to settle with the girl with the humpback and mustache that works down in the cafe.

Can't tell if srs or it's apart of you trying to write a convincing bullshit novel.
Damn I didn't know the Frog got game. And who said being the Frog was lame. Thats right Power Rangers, the Frog is a kick ass thing!!
EmpirezTeam wrote:
A.T.H.K wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:
I just got hired as the backend website whatever dude at Barnes and Noble.

You mean, you just enter book serial numbers, titles, categories and descriptions. Right?

Have fun with that "backend website whatever dude".

Actually the job description was pretty off. At the interview they told me I would be a backend website dude/consultant. However, I'm doing that as well as processing orders, updating the inventory of the store, packaging, and am also expected to help on the floor as well with helping people find/sell books, and stocking our general merchandise and clothing areas. Which is fine, I like doing a thousand different things, because the more they have me do the more I can load my resume with.

It also helps to work at a book store when you're writing a novel. 2 managers already said they're going to find a way to help me sell my book there when it's finished. I also have access to a crap ton of mangas here. We've got everything from Full Metal Alchemist to Attack on Titan. I just grab whichever one I feel like flipping through on my breaks. If we want to purchase them, we get a 35% discount which stacks with coupons and sale events as well. I can buy manga or any other book I need for dirt cheap.

It beats the crap out of my last job ( washing dishes and taking out garbage ). My managers don't breathe down my neck, they actually walk right past me like I don't even exist most of the time, which is exactly how I like it. Also, because I work at a B&N college, I'm actually working alongside a lot of college students, some of which are pretty damn hot. One of them looks exactly like a Victoria Secret model. I tried to be covert but unfortunately I think she caught me staring at her... assets. Instead of getting mad though, she introduced herself and shook my hand, so perhaps she wants the D? IDK. Anyway, we also have a Starbucks built into our store on the first floor, so immediate access to tea and cookies if I ever need it ( which is also all discounted by 30-35% ). Everyone also does their fair share of work. No lazies going on 2-hour lunch breaks or calling in sick every other day like my last job.

Basically what I'm saying is, if I haven't passed you yet, watch me catch up now.

Good for you man.
Meanwhile Kumo is jumping from making bread and baked foodstuffs to being your friendly neighborhood convenience store clerk at minimum wage.
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
Meanwhile Kumo is jumping from making bread and baked foodstuffs to being your friendly neighborhood convenience store clerk at minimum wage.

If there was a retail store you wanted to get into, now was the best time. My other two choices were ( since I'm a nerd ) Best Buy and Gamestop. However, I've heard some iffy things about Best Buy ( not to mention the one near me is down-sizing anyway so I'm not confident in the amount of job security that might entail ) and I'd rather take a shotgun and blast my head off my shoulders than work for a company as backwards as Lamestop, so B&N was a pretty solid choice for me.

I wouldn't mind working for Amazon but I think their jobs are usually warehouse oriented ( which means no face to face customer interaction ). I always thought I was sort of a "I just want to sit in one spot all day and never see anyone" but I'm actually finding that I enjoy dealing with idiots in-person instead of over the phone as well as being able to spend more time on my feet as opposed to sitting at a desk for 8 hours.
Work at an Amazon Warehouse if you were thinking of a new way to kill yourself.
In response to EnigmaticGallivanter
EnigmaticGallivanter wrote:
Work at an Amazon Warehouse if you were thinking of a new way to kill yourself.

You mean Walmart.
My run at the Walmart photo lab was fantastic (March 2013 - August 2013), never had a single problem with it.

Amazon will literally give you health complications, read about their warehouse workers.
By warehouse I'm referring to their distribution centers. I'm currently working there and I can confidently say that their working conditions are awful. I get paid right under 30 an hour and it still doesn't feel like it's worth it. The drop out rate for the job I do (order filling) Is 85 percent in the first two weeks.
weird. my home slice at my last job said his daughter worked for amazon and she enjoyed it.

maybe there's certain jobs there that are more dangerous than others. what exactly is order filing and what's making it dangerous?

[edit] yeah nevermind i just google'd amazon warehouse and there's no way i could work at a place like this even without health hazards, i'd go senile the first day having to look and sort through this much BS. poor girl in the picture, RIP in pepperonis. she was aesthetically pleasing too, such waste.

Yut Put wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:

whoa is this the new byond update does isometric finally work

LMFAO.
@Empire

There's different kinds of order filling. I walk along a piece ofor equipment all day and go where a headset instructs me to go. When I reach my destination, it tells me what store it's going to, how many I'm going to pick and how fast I need to do it before she tells my boss that I'm fucking off.

Oh, and the boxes are 100+ pounds depending on the product. You know the little cups of yogurt you get at the store? We pick up boxes with like, 1000 of those stored inside because it's more efficient that way.

Oh, yeah. I work in negative thirty degrees so I'm more bundled up than a best buy deal on black Friday. It's miserable, and the shifts normally run for 12-15 hours.
I'd quit
Make sure you shove like 10 of those new 8 inch fire hdx tablets in your bookbag before you quit. That'll teach em
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Make sure you shove like 10 of those new 8 inch fire hdx tablets in your bookbag before you quit. That'll teach em

Only 10? Why not like....15 or 20.
Page: 1 2 3