ID:172437

I'm just wondering, what's the average size of a byond game? I'm just at the beginning stages of my game and its already well over 500kb (I know that's not a lot, but looking over my game its a whole lot of space and not much work). I'm a little worried about the time it will take to download, and if it will slow down my game (runtime). The only way I could posisbly make my game smaller in size is making the code more compact, but I feel that at my present coding abilities I should take the longer, easier, more understable way out.
Xangelicirex wrote:
I'm just wondering, what's the average size of a byond game? I'm just at the beginning stages of my game and its already well over 500kb (I know that's not a lot, but looking over my game its a whole lot of space and not much work). I'm a little worried about the time it will take to download, and if it will slow down my game (runtime). The only way I could posisbly make my game smaller in size is making the code more compact, but I feel that at my present coding abilities I should take the longer, easier, more understable way out.

It's probably your resources(graphics, etc) that take up that space. There's really nothing you can do about that.
On my current project, the code files in themselves take up 419KB, then I piled on 375KB of graphics and 412KB of icons. The compiled rsc is 811KB, and to me personally, that's about average (and I'm on 28.8 dial-up, mind you).