ID:1725595

The interface is still being modified o.o
I admire your work, but I think you should quit creating these projects. You're only wasting your time and space on the Internet, I read your thread related to arcade games on BYOND. This engine only needs multiplayer games which could attract a lot of players and not simplistic existing games with new features (like Bingo).

If you want to bring new players to this site and increase your games' popularity just create a good game for once and stop focusing on rpgs and arcades that'll take you nowhere, I also saw your tools and they are great, but that's all, as long as there are no developers in BYOND nobody'll use them so if you really feel like putting your time and effort into this just create something decent which is playable by many players, not an arcade game or rpg like this, it isn't any attractive.
Where as I disagree completely, Kozuma. It looks good and you should keep up with it. This has just as much a chance of being popular as any other BYOND game, including ss13 and nestalgia
Single player games can cause some serious buzz if done well. I like the style of the interface :) Keep it up mate, besides every new project helps you to improve more and more, and someday you'll create something that will melt some faces lol

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Bloodocean7
In response to Bloodocean7
Bloodocean7 wrote:
Single player games can cause some serious buzz if done well.

No they can't. Only multiplayer games are fun. Kozuma's game will fail because it's not multiplayer. If he had made this an online game, he'd have billions of players rushing into BYOND to come play it. The engine is called Build Your Own NET Dream, not Build Your Own Offline Dream That Only One Person Can Play.

But no, this game reminds me of one of The Magic Man's games. He had some sort of turn based RPG similar to this. You should ask him for some pointers.
I agree multiplayer FTW
This type of game is easy to implement PvP. See Fallensword, for example.
In response to ArmitxeX
ArmitxeX wrote:
This engine only needs multiplayer quality games which could attract a lot of players...

Quality games of any type are what we need. Single player, multiplayer, arcade, rpg, strategy, whatever. We need good entertaining games, period. Why people think single player games are hard to do in DM, or a bad idea is beyond me.

And technically, it wasn't stated that this was a single player game anyway. No reason you couldn't have a timed, turn based, multiplayer rpg. Something like Leftley's Treasure Quest.

EDIT: It looks good so far. Keep at it. :)
In response to Flick
This.

@OP: Nice work. Take the words of discouragement lightly. There is no such thing as wasting time where programming is concerned.
If you are making your game to just keep it on BYOND and not push it anywhere your best bet is to make something Multiplayer. But if you do advertise it then single-player games could work.
Keep up the good work Kozuma, even a Paper, Rock, Scissor game could be popular with the right person developing it. =).
Am I the only one who sees that the interface has "Username" stated several times on it. I mean that could easily mean its a multiplier game. Nowhere did he state it was going to be a single player game.

Nice interface. Keep up the good work.
This looks like it was intended to be multiplayer, and it's a very nice (albeit somewhat basic) interface.

That said, I disagree with anyone that thinks a single player BYOND game is a good idea. There are much better languages for that type of development.
It is multiplayer yes, but it can be enjoyable in a one man party, or at least I can xD, it's better with pets/familiars imo
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
It is multiplayer yes, but it can be enjoyable in a one man party, or at least I can xD, it's better with pets/familiars imo

I called it. Lundex 1. Everybody else: 0

Okay, so I have been looking at this screenshot on and off for two days. Everyone seems to say "UI looks great / project looks good", but I mean, what are they seeing that I don't? Everything there is so smashed together and bland. I see chunks of a UI, slammed next to other chunks. Is this picture just trying to show UI sections all on one canvas? Then that doesn't make it as bad.

I'm glad it isn't the usual default UI dribble, but let's not praise everything that isn't default.
Jesus EG. Are you having a bad day or something?
In response to EnigmaticGallivanter
EnigmaticGallivanter wrote:
Okay, so I have been looking at this screenshot on and off for two days. Everyone seems to say "UI looks great / project looks good", but I mean, what are they seeing that I don't? Everything there is so smashed together and bland. I see chunks of a UI, slammed next to other chunks. Is this picture just trying to show UI sections all on one canvas? Then that doesn't make it as bad.

I'm glad it isn't the usual default UI dribble, but let's not praise everything that isn't default.

I'm limited at the moment because what I'm wanting to do in the web client doesn't work :( , the child element I think is its name. You can do some really cool shit with the interface alone xD
In response to Mr_Goober
Mr_Goober wrote:
Jesus EG. Are you having a bad day or something?

Yeah. He left some honest feedback so he must've woken up on the wrong side of the bed or something.
On head, you can divide it down into Helmet and Mask.
Masks need not be just breathing, but enchanted(possibly) as well.
Page: 1 2