ID:1725898

Keywords: byond, hacking, staff
(See the best response by DarkCampainger.)
Hello. My actual key is Tawheed24. It's password was changed so I can no longer log into it and the emails to the account were also changed so I can't log into those either and recover my key. Can a BYOND admin please help me recover it? That key is pretty important.
Best response
Hi Tawheed,

Your best bet is to contact the staff using the Support Form.
Already have done that and I've gotten no response as of yet
It takes perhaps 24 hours for a response, longer over weekends. I suggest you give it some time.
Well now it's been a few days since my report and I've still havean't gotten any response from them :/
Tom is probably gathering information.

Or just doesn't want to involve himself in all this, or .. he emailed the old email address.

Just FYI I believe all accounts have an "old" email address, ie the one you signed up with, set as a non editable value.

Your account has [email protected] as its oldest email address. If you forget your password, you have the option of sending an email to confirm your identity to your current or old address.
I can't access the emails because those emails have also been hacked and have had their passwords changed.
In response to Tawheed15
Tawheed15 wrote:
I can't access the emails because those emails have also been hacked and have had their passwords changed.

Honestly, how would anyone know you are who you say you are...
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
Tawheed15 wrote:

Honestly, how would anyone know you are who you say you are...

Tawheed15 wrote:
Hello. My actual key is Tawheed24. It's password was changed so I can no longer log into it and the emails to the account were also changed so I can't log into those either and recover my key. Can a BYOND admin please help me recover it? That key is pretty important.

If you get key-logged it's your own dumbass fault lul.
I get one would try to hack like, you know.. An E-mail address..

But to what point is it to even consider hacking a BYOND account? It is even more pointless than this post.
In response to Laser50
Laser50 wrote:
I get one would try to hack like, you know.. An E-mail address..

But to what point is it to even consider hacking a BYOND account? It is even more pointless than this post.

You can redirect subscriptions to your paypal. GG. What would happen if WANO got hacked? See how effective that is?
Yeah, you'd earn at /least/ $50 from that, jackpot.

But on a more serious note, the motive is usually one of disruptive use of authority / reputation. Consider the teen audience, and it can be clear why things like "I'll teach X a lesson" becomes a motive for hijacking a key.
In response to Stephen001
Stephen001 wrote:
But on a more serious note, the motive is usually one of disruptive use of authority / reputation. Consider the teen audience, and it can be clear why things like "I'll teach X a lesson" becomes a motive for hijacking a key.

This happened to Ter13 at some stage right?
Stephen001 wrote:

That's $50 more than what I am getting now. I'll take it. Then I would go for others to solidify my profits.

In response to A.T.H.K
I'm not sure if there was a full on key hijack situation with Ter13 .. possibly though, yeah. If so, that's probably the only such instance of where we'd had it for a moderator in ~14 years.
Stephen001 wrote:

Dude, $50 is a LOT of ramen. Never underestimate $50.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Stephen001 wrote:

Dude, $50 is a LOT of ramen. Never underestimate $50.

He knows not of the ramen. Forgive him.