ID:1727342

BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Windows 8
Web Browser:Firefox 33.0
Applies to:Webclient

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
The picture which are attach to the interface' button are just shown in Chrome.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
I'm still using the old interface .dmf and I wanted to test and I used my browsers to test and be able to help you guys, and I realized this simple issue.

here a picture of the button http://prntscr.com/5a6e1f (I made it correctly)
Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
I thought it was going to work properly in Firefox, since in Chrome it works.

here two screen-shots

1- Chrome:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jecbh4nl7pgn8vy/chrome.png?dl=0

2-Firefox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3cnni65pcf4j1tm/firefox.png?dl=0
Actual Results:

Does the problem occur: Yes, it does.
Every time? Or how often? Just with Firefox and Internet Explorer. In chrome it works properly.
In other games? Yes, I did a test and it behaviors the same way.
In other user accounts? Yes, I tested it with my cousin account, too.
On other computers? Yes.

When does the problem NOT occur?
The problem doesn't occur when we use Chrome.
Workarounds:

Guys, I hope it helps a little bit, I just want the best for Byond... aaamm I know a lot about html5, canvas, CSS3 and a little bit js (So after 10 days I will test a lot and see what I could do =D ).

edit: (27/11/14) public screen-shots
Your screenshots linked from Dropbox appear to be private.
RichterB wrote:
Expected Results:
I thought it was going to work properly in Firefox, since in Chrome it works.

Seriously? Not every browser is the same.

Every time? Or how often? Just with Firefox and Internet Explorer. In chrome it works properly.

Again, not every browser is the same, things get interrupted differently.

Guys, I hope it helps a little bit,

I'm sure it will, thank you.

aaamm I know a lot about html5, canvas, CSS3 and a little bit js (So after 10 days I will test a lot and see what I could do =D ).

If you knew those then you would know the above.

He's saying he can't see the pictures because thur private , and I've also noticed this too.
Some amount of deviation between browsers is to be expected, but if it's something like an image appearing in the wrong place, it's probably easily fixable by altering some styles. I just would need accessible screenshots (or better yet, a test project) to see what was going on.

Of course, if you have developer tools like Firebug, I'd highly recommend playing with styles on the button div until the issue is fixed, and if you find a style change that works--and it still looks good in Chrome as well--it might be a simple matter of adding a line or two to the button.dms styles. (You can simply reload the webclient to recheck after any changes to the default .dms files--no need to reboot the game.) I'm more than happy to consider user-submitted fixes and new controls for inclusion.
Is this issue still happening? If newer versions don't have an issue I can close this, but there have been quite a lot of fixes since this was posted. If it still happens, a test project would be helpful.