ID:1729055

I started working on a title screen a while ago but didn't finish since I don't have a name to apply to it. So, I started working on the features of my project that would be programmed first.

The first thing to be seen after the cutscene is the inside of a house that you wake up in. Typically you'd see your floor, wall, dresser, and TV.

Here's my first progress

Here it is in a still image

Here is an altered version of it.

Here is the first version and the altered version side by side in a 320x320 tiled format.

Any thoughts? Is it perfect? Needs improvement?
the Left one is hard to look at , Right one is good
Very nice so far, although for the right one I'd say that you should take away some of the shading on the tiles as it they look a bit more like a wall when put together. Nevertheless, a great attempt.
In response to Zasif
Zasif wrote:
the Left one is hard to look at , Right one is good

That's odd. When the left one wasn't there, the right one was hard to look at. So, I made the right one darker, which became the left one.

Anyone else?
@Kboy:

I think it might have to do something with the color's each Monitor displays for some one looks right and one doesnt it all depends :X
that tile looks great on the right !_! teach me to be great
In response to Xirre
Perfection.
I'm scared to try my hand at making a base. Lol. Hell, I don't even know what I want my character to look like. Not only that, there needs to be a female version of it as well.
Yut Put wrote:
why do you need a base

So people get this feeling that they're actually in the game. It helps sync them with the Matrix. It's all a part of the plan.

But, on a serious note, I just finished making a mobile game for a contest and I am working on making an ORPG game that supports the web client and standalone while I wait to present this mobile game to the judges. :)
Yut Put wrote:
rad. i just think that there's a weird byond-endemic stigma attached to "bases". like, you can't have a game unless you create an asset of a nude white man. i've found that things are a bit more refreshing when you detach yourself from this mindset and just try to make a game instead of walking through the footprints of every other byond developer trying to make an rpg

And this is why every artist gets an aneurysm when they're asked to make a base around here..
Yut Put wrote:
rad. i just think that there's a weird byond-endemic stigma attached to "bases". like, you can't have a game unless you create an asset of a nude white man. i've found that things are a bit more refreshing when you detach yourself from this mindset and just try to make a game instead of walking through the footprints of every other byond developer trying to make an rpg

I've detached. Trust me. I've made several games OUT of BYOND. So, detaching from other BYOND developers is not a problem for me. I just wanted to get back in to making an RPG game with a story. I like a game with a good storyline. :) I'd like to make something I would play daily for a change.