ID:1730224

BYOND Version:506
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 33.0
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
The game Paradise City will not display the map as intended in BYOND versions after 506.1237, suggesting a backwards compatibility issue.

It appears to be some kind of character customization screen, but the mob/eye may be being placed outside the screen's room on the map.

506.1237 - works:

506.1243 - does not work

For versions 506.1238 through 506.1242, Dream Seeker would crash on startup.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Log into the BYOND client v506.1237 (you'll need to be logged in, the game doesn't allow guest keys and will immediately exit otherwise)
2. Run Paradise City in Dream Seeker v506.1237
3. First screen that pops up is the character customization screen, it comes up correctly
4. Exit everything
5. Log into the BYOND client v506.1243
6. Run Paradise City in Dream Seeker v506.1243
7. Instead of seeing the customization screen, you're staring at an ocean, presumably just outside the walls of the screen.

Expected Results:
The client remains backwards-compatible if possible

Actual Results:
The game does not run correctly after 506.1237

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time for these versions
In other games? Unknown
In other user accounts? On administrator account
On other computers? Brought to my attention by ID:1730186

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
Worked on versions 506.1237 and earlier

Workarounds:
Run in older version.
I've also noticed with the game that the AK-47 (as well as possibly other aspects of the game) have been changed. I logged into the server with my lvl being 999, the AK-47 having 1000 power, 1000 proficiancy, and infinite ammo. I tried changing it but to no avail
Ok, after some fiddleing around i was able to change the AK-47 stats back to normal.

1) Drop gun on ground
2) Right click edit
3) Edit information
4) Works
In response to Ripperc100jr
That sounds more like a programming bug on the Devs side, not BYONDs.

I would suggest hosting this game with DreamDaemon and logging enabled to see if you get any errors when a client with v506.1243 joins.
In response to A.T.H.K
I checked and had a friend join, it might have been MY AK-47, none of the stats on any of the other AK's were tampered with (maybe i changed them, idk) but my friend came in and was lvl 1