ID:1731327

Hey guys, I have an idea! Instead of waiting until the game is ready to make money, how about we write 5 lines of code and then charge people $60 to come have "early access" to it? The game will be incredibly buggy, and barely playable but it's still pretty fair to charge them the same price as a full, polished game, amirite?

Also, we can make even more money by adding multiple levels of early access. $60 gets you basic early access, $120 gets you Devout Contributor access, and $300 gets you Alpha Omega Big Booty Access. By the way, the only difference between the packs is that each tier comes with an experience boost 10% higher than the last. Oh, and a gold username. It's totally reasonable to charge $300 for a gold username.

And then when we release the game, we'll sell it for $15 and then mark it down to $9.99 during every single Steam sale, and laugh at the retards who bought early access founder packs to gain essentially nothing at all. This is the best thing since DLC, amirite?
What game is this?
Yut Put wrote:
i got secrets of grindea's early access demo, and i mean it was worth it and still a really awesome experience

but i do very much agree with you about most other games

Just went to their site. The cost is $15 for the cheapest tier and they also have a demo so you can get an idea of what you're getting into before you spend a dime. Far more reasonable than most the crap I've been seeing. For example, Planetary Annihilation was early accessed 5 months ago for $60.00.

They took it out of early access, and then placed it on sale at $5.99. And they actually did like, retail early access. As in, the early, crappy, buggy, insanely overpriced version of their game was sitting on store shelves. I'm having an aneurism just thinking about it.