ID:1731665

Poll: Anime Game You'd rather play the most

an Inuyasha based RP/Action adventure 15% (3)
A hunter x hunter based action adventure 25% (5)
A One Piece based action adventure 30% (6)
A survival PVP based on Mirai Nikki (similiar to death note) 30% (6)

Login to vote.

I've narrowed it down to these projects that interest me.
Is there any of those that someone hasn't already made? Or made simular to? I'm not saying not to make any of these, but it would be nice to see something different. Especially out of a fangame.
it doesnt matter which one we'd rather play the most

what matters is the one you think you'll be able to actually finish
In response to NNAAAAHH
NNAAAAHH wrote:
Is there any of those that someone hasn't already made? Or made simular to? I'm not saying not to make any of these, but it would be nice to see something different. Especially out of a fangame.

All of those have been made.
A survival PVP based mirai nikki would be sick if done right
World Trigger Wave Based game
In response to Zagros5000
Zagros5000 wrote:
A survival PVP based mirai nikki would be sick if done right

That was Death Note Online
No Revolutionary Girl Utena. I see how it is.
In response to Lugia319
PVP, if done right
In response to Stephen001
Stephen001 wrote:
No Revolutionary Girl Utena. I see how it is.

it's too mainstream for me.
In response to NNAAAAHH
NNAAAAHH wrote:

Suggestions make the world go 'round.
And from what I've seen, none of these games you mentioned having been made are any good (or up to be played)so..does it really matter?
In response to Avidanimefan
It does to us here on BYOND, since any of these will likely be simular to something we already grew bored with
In response to NNAAAAHH
And yet not a suggestion was given...lol I think I'll just focus on what I like and making it great.
Well you got 3 ties.
I'm sorry? You were asking for me to suggest something to you, again? I made suggestions on the other topic, my suggestion for this topic was to make something different than already exists.
In response to NNAAAAHH
Making a game based on an anime IP is something different than what already exists. Different game= Different.

You seem to have bought up a point about wanting a completely untouched anime property made into fan game up above- so I'm saying if you have an idea, suggest it.

(But I'm pretty sure you already knew that, guessing by the way you answered, and that you don't actually have any suggestions.)
Inuyasha rpg, been done. Both on BYOND and console(gba, playstation(ps1+2), gamecube, ect.).

hunter x hunter action adventure, seen about twenty post of people working on one in the last year.

One Piece action adventure, has been done and played out several times, though no one made anything too fun. I was pretty sure Rise Of The Pirates started out as a one piece game, but I may be confusing it with another.

Mirai Nikki survival game would probably end up a lot like Mitadake High. Dariuc was apparently considering making another fan game based on Mirai Nikki anyway, here.

My suggestion, as you've already read, is to make something that isn't like what we already have here. How many shooters do we have? REO is the only one I can think of off-hand, and the mechanics for shooting are iffy as best. Hellsing, I feel, would make for a wonderful horror/survival shooter game, if done correctly. Trigun would have to be a more open-world, rpg-esc, game, which BYOND is lacking much of. Yu Yu Hakusho's been done time and time over on consoles, but I suggested it anyway, since I could never grow tired of the anime or it's extensions. Trinity Blood is a great anime that has never really had it's place in gaming(as far as I'm aware).

I'm not saying to make any of those, I'm saying that it'd be nice to see something we aren't used to here.

At the end of the day, no matter what you actually attempt; if it's done well and isn't what BYOND's used to; I'll be happy.
http://www.byond.com/games/KingLucifer/ RiseOfThePiratesPreAlpha

Yep @ Rotp Aside from it are there really any contenders?

As for HxH...Theres really only that one game TheDarkChakra made...and....ye...

Trigun might be alright but I feel like the series is overrated(Only Saw the Anime).

Surprisingly I was wondering why you didn't suggest an Inuyasha survival...Cuz inuyasha...is a scary show. Or atleast it was when I was a lad.
Shaman King do it @Avid. I never got to play the one by Gebsho or w.e his key was.
^That one was the shhhhhyt! Had plenty of content. You also had to really go hunting for those rarer spirit companions.
Page: 1 2