ID:1737332

http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1737326

--

Excuse me for my shameless self-advertising. Just taking advantage of the media as much as I can. This won't happen again, I promise. Whip me if you must.

So, what would you say is wrong with the ad that it's not catching people's eye? Not enough candy?
1. (Good) pixel artists are rare on BYOND. They exist, but chances are they're already working on something else.

2. Those screenshots are tiny and look like ass.

3. Being online 5 days a week is a little unreasonable. I understand the sentiment, but people have lives. You're not paying a living wage; don't expect people to treat it like a job.

4. I know I've already been fairly blunt and I apologize if you take offense (and this might seem rude), but your game idea has been tried and failed a million times. "Just your standard RPG game with a twist and a heavy + long story-line to follow with it" is not a foreign concept on BYOND; it's just one that nobody ever follows through with. Besides that, you never actually talk in-depth about the game at all, and what you do say sounds incredibly generic.

5. Nobody wants to work on a game where the main developer is just winging it. Seriously.
Yea I think it's just a little to strict for something that's not paying
You dont need pixel artists, you can do it alone! Do it! Do It! Be number one come on! Fuck you! "sarcasm"
In response to Unwanted4Murder
Unwanted4Murder wrote:
1. (Good) pixel artists are rare on BYOND. They exist, but chances are they're already working on something else.

2. Those screenshots are tiny and look like ass.

3. Being online 5 days a week is a little unreasonable. I understand the sentiment, but people have lives. You're not paying a living wage; don't expect people to treat it like a job.

4. I know I've already been fairly blunt and I apologize if you take offense (and this might seem rude), but your game idea has been tried and failed a million times. "Just your standard RPG game with a twist and a heavy + long story-line to follow with it" is not a foreign concept on BYOND; it's just one that nobody ever follows through with. Besides that, you never actually talk in-depth about the game at all, and what you do say sounds incredibly generic.

5. Nobody wants to work on a game where the main developer is just winging it. Seriously.

1. Yeah. Seems that way everywhere else as well (all 5 places I've posted).

2. I made them bigger. However, what about the ass part? Is it because of my poor art skills or because it was just tiny? If it's because of my poor art skills, then that's pretty much why I'm looking for an artist.

3. Do you find it too strict (also @Ganite) to ask for them to at least "log on" 5 days a week? Meaning just come in for 5 seconds and leave a message. I mean plenty of people turn on their computer daily and use skype daily. If it's not a friendly partnership, then it's really not one that's going to work out.

The main reason why I say this is because the only guy I have been able to work with is the one guy who follows that rule, without it even being a rule. He logs on everyday, if not then every other day, and at night he at least says that he was out all day. I don't mind him being out all day or if we don't get work done because I may be going to sleep.

Hell, we just finished a project where instead of working at the same time, we uploaded our progress and one person works while the other person sleeps. A mobile project in Unity3D 5.0 Beta Pro that is very well finished. And the art, once again, even though it's not the best in North America, looks decent enough for a child to not care. The music for it was even perfectly fine, based on the many people during the live stream that gave feedback and many participants in the testing as well.

So, I ask again, is it really too strict to just ask someone to talk? I'm not asking for daily work. I'm asking to "know" a pixel artist who is willing to chill with us, play some League, Rust, or any other friggin' steam game we play and then program/do work after if we're not too lazy to do so. That's what I'm asking. That's not much, is it?

4. We've decided that people are insistent on seeing a game plan being laid out, no matter what project it is. I made a Unity3D project with a sound engineer, and 3D modeler, ... Pretty much a full team of 6. All I heard all day was, "what are your plans next?" One applicant for this game was also curious about the game plan. So, that's something I'll do throughout today.

5. What do people want then? A history of previously made projects where the difference between winging it and planning it is shown in terms of the level of their completion?