Finally a pet sim
ID:1738607

- Added some skills
- Pets now learn skills upon creation!
- Thought about some strategies to use
-- Current Strategies:
--- Default: randomly selects skills
--- All-In: Prioritizes non base skills
- Added an NPC battle to test battle. Short version: Battle works!
- Healthy monsters are actually important to combat. Your monster's Health affects its maximum health. It's a straight multiplier. If your monster has 100 health, its max hp is its true max hp. If it has 90 health, its real max hp is its true max hp * 0.9. If you want to battle monsters, it is important to keep your monsters healthy.
- Added NPC Colli-See-Um battles! Bet on random NPC matches to increase your gold! (In testing)
-- Note: The payout works best in large groups of people or for small amounts. If you're alone in the game, you may as well never bet more than 1.
I like the idea of a little pet simulator but I find the idea of "breeding" and "mating" to be kind of sterile just eh... Gross really. Wish I had a better way to put it. Maybe that's just me. Let me put it this way.

That's more the kind of thing that springs to my mind. Maybe I'm weird.
That is a bit weird. I'm been looking for a decent one online for like ever and I can't find any that really get me so I'm making my own.
In response to Lugia319
What are some other breeding games? I've play plenty of pet games but this is the first breeding game I've seen.
On BYOND? I haven't seen any. Outside of BYOND? Plenty. Lioden comes to mind quickly and it's where I based the breeding aspects of this game off of and I hope to get the whole breeding of coat pattern and colour and whatnot into it.
Interesting, that's a niche I wasn't aware of. Well, you learn something new every day.
My beef with a lot of them is that they're mostly free to wait games. But I suppose that the market is college students that are just looking to kill 15 minutes between classes so free to wait isn't that bad. I always want to like play for 2 hours or something. Last night I spent 3 hours breeding a perfect IV Nincada so meh.
In response to Lugia319
Yeah, that's pretty stereotypical of the style of game. I like the idea of having some more skill involved than ability to wait.
Well at this time it's mostly patience and RNG. I don't really know how to incorporate skill into a game about breeding. How can you be a "skillful breeder"?
In response to Lugia319
Yeah, I was just thinking by picking the right partners. Maybe you could present pets with challenges? That way you could breed pets which are better in some areas than others, thus giving them an advantage in the challenge you're breeding them for.
I'll see what I can figure out. Trying to focus on my original vision atm.
This game seems like an interesting idea, but I really can't get past the lack of graphics.
In response to Unwanted4Murder
Uncivilized swine.