ID:1739321

BYOND Version:507.1269
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 39.0.2171.95
Applies to:Webclient

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When moving near to a mob with verbs under a different type path than you in web client, their verbs are added to your command list (but aren't usable)

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. In my attached project, set the key in mob/Login to one of your test keys.
2. Log in with two accounts.
3. Your mob without the extra verb gains the extra verb.
Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25338425/ webclientverbs_src.zip

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time
In other games? Yes
In other user accounts? Yes
On other computers? Yes

When does the problem NOT occur? In Dreamseeker

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? Unsure

Workarounds: Unsure

I see what the issue is here. (This was much easier to test BTW by just adding a moocows mob to the map.) The verb list doesn't have the same sophistication as in DS, due to the fact that it can't parse out whether the verb is actually available (e.g., if "set src in view(1)" matches up) until it's time to use it.

A finer-tuned verb list might use up more cycles than it's worth, but I can look into it. Essentially my goal would be to cull verbs that are absolutely not available, so maybe what I need is some kind of setup where I keep track of the verb's status as it's added. This will require some thought.
This kinda ruins old-style BYOND games with tons of verbs and a command list.

I'm unsure if you want to get away from that though and focus on more intuitive interfaces.
Will the DSification take care of this?
At least this next round of DSification won't. The parser is still server-side. However, with the view code being moved client-side (I'm hoping to make big headway on that tomorrow), it probably won't be too big of a leap to start including more info in the verb message and eventually handle this more intelligently.