ID:1742105

BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Android
Web Browser:Default Android Browser
Applies to:Webclient

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When I load up a game on my default android web browser, the site loads about halfway before crashing the actual browser.
I'm attempting to load the game as an app via WebView, problem is, I think WebView runs as if it were the default Android Browser, I tried using both the browser and WebView, and both crash after loading halfway.

Actual Results:
Crashes the default Android Browser during load.
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Everytime
In other games? Yes
In other user accounts? Yes
On other computers? I'm not sure

When does the problem NOT occur?
Using Chrome Browser on the android loads the game perfectly, not sure if this has anything to do with the plugins or whatever.
Is there a specific tablet this happens on? I've heard no other troubles from Android users in general.
I'm using it on my phone, Samsung Galaxy S3
I can't help but wonder if the default browser is the issue. I haven't heard any reports of trouble with mobile Chrome, and I know this also works in iOS Safari.
Just tested it
Works on iOS Safari and on another Android phone, it had chrome built in and not the older internet browser that I'm running on my phone.
If your phone's browser is fairly old that would explain a lot. The webclient is only meant to interface with newer browsers.
I wonder if an S5 would have the same issue in its default browser, since it's newer. I'm pretty sure that's the tablet my mom uses, so I could maybe try that out on Christmas (if I remember).
Alright, so after downloading the newest android version, it works with the default internet browser.
I can get it to load with Webview etc, however, once I enter in my BYOND account information, it'll stay stuck at Downloading Client and it'll just show the spinny thing with no progress on loading the resources.

EDIT
This is only with Webview btw, it loads everything fine using the internet browser.
Ok nevermind, it still isn't downloading client using the default browser on Android, works fine on the Chrome browser.
Do you have access to any developer tools that would give you some feedback on what's going wrong? Any error messages you have would be relevant.

After that I believe it should be
Socket: open
but it stops there.
Thanks. I'll see if I can find roughly where that is in the startup sequence.

It's entirely possible the browser simply is too minimal to handle the webclient, but I'll investigate in case there's anything I can do to improve compatibility.