ID:1743314

Keywords: icon, image
BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Windows 8
Web Browser:Chrome 39.0.2171.95
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When using /image objects in an atom's overlays/underlays, the image's color and alpha vars are ignored if the atom is displayed in a stat panel, but display correctly in the world.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Create a /image object with a non-white color and/or non-255 alpha.
2. Display an atom with this /image in its overlays or underlays on a stat panel.
3. Observe that the color and/or alpha setting has not been applied to the stat panel display, but appears correctly on the world display.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53654788/overlay_bug.zip (1.29KB)
The above demo also shows an atom using /icon objects in place of /image, to show the expected behaviour.
This does not seem to work correctly in the webclient, displaying no icons, though I've seen the webclient display identically to Dream Seeker with similar overlay/underlay situations when playing Space Station 13.

Expected Results:
The color and alpha vars would affect the stat panel display as they do the world display; i.e. the /image would display identically to a /icon that had been Blend("#RRGGBBAA", ICON_MULTIPLY)-ed with the same color and/or alpha value(s).

Actual Results:
The color and alpha vars do not affect the stat panel display at all, and the /image is drawn as if color="#ffffff" and alpha=255.

When does the problem NOT occur? When using /icon rather than /image

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? Unknown. Definitely occurred in 506.x, and I do not recall ever seeing this work as expected.

Workarounds: None that do not involve /icon (and its serverside processing!) known.
Yep, this is actually a bit of a hard problem to work around. Not impossible, but it hasn't been high priority. Funnily enough, though, the webclient is much better at handling these situations.