ID:1744190

Not a bug
BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Windows 8 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 39.0.2171.95
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
I attempted to host a game earlier only to find out that dream seeker nor daemon will host any BYOND games, when I try to host dream seeker and daemon both freeze and never unfreeze.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Open dream seeker or daemon and attempt to host
Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
Successful hosting
Actual Results:
Dream seeker and daemon freezing
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?Yes
In other games?Yes
In other user accounts?
On other computers?

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:

I need a lot more information on this. Right now there's nothing I can investigate.

Have you tried this with a blank test project? And what specific games have you tried?

When you say they're frozen, is it that the CPU is maxed out (caught in an infinite loop) or is something simply not responding?

Does DS run fine until you host?

What antivirus/security software are you running, and what happens if you disable it temporarily? (This is actually my top guess--I think something in your system is actively interfering.)

What happens if you launch DS or DD as an administrator?
I disabled my norton anti virus and then attempted to host and dream seeker did not freeze, I am assuming this was the problem, thank you.
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not a bug)