ID:1744298

BYOND Version:506
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro
Web Browser:Firefox 31.0
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
This happens in 507 as well, I don't know if this affects the html5 client.

Description of the issue: Randomly whether the dream seeker window is in focus or not the game portion of the window will seize to update graphically and you can get a 'snapshot' update by minimizing and maximizing the window but outside of that instant it will not update again until you completely close and reconnect to the game server. initiating a reconnect through the client wont fix it and results in a black screen rather than a frozen 'snapshot'.

I've had this happen a lot for several versions but i always assumed it to be unique to me but i have had others report the issue to me recently as well [by report i mean complain about it happening]

Some interesting things can be done when this happens. if you had a mob/objects in your field of view at the time of the freezing you can initiate any verb on them so long as it doesn't have any distance based checking serverside.
I've heard reports of this before--in fact there's a bug report already open for it somewhere--but in the absence of a test case I could use to reliably reproduce the issue, I'm stuck. A test case is needed to figure out what's happening here.
Lummox I dont recall it happening when hosting locally to test something but you could try that with tg's ss13 codebase or mine https://github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13 pretty much all you gotta do is alt tab for a while and come back to see if the game screen isn't updating anymore.