ID:1745073

Code:

Problem description: If the eye is not attached to the usr can i change its position without calling a reference to an object or use. for example could i do something like client.eye.x+=1? Or is something like that not possible and I'll have to work around it

http://www.byond.com/docs/ref/info.html#/client/var/eye

Example:

client
eye = locate(5,5,1)

Please try to check the DM Reference before posting here - it will provide you an answer faster than we can, and save us the effort of looking something up that you could do yourself; saving everyone's time.

Also, even though you can move it around without being connected to a mob, I personally would recommend creating a "camera" mob, that is invisible, and can have its point of view manipulated, and have the eye attached to that.
I know how to do eye=locate(5,5,1), but what i wanted to do was.
for(var/i=0;i<10;i++)
eye=locate(eye.x+1,eye.y,eye.z)

basically for one part on my game i need to make the camera slowly go up/down or to the sides from a position. ALso the camera at this point isnt on the mod so i cant do eye=locate(player.x+1,player.y,player.z)

but it seems like the eye has no variable for its position, so that kinda sucks. It means i need to make an object like you said and mess around with that
var/x = 10
var/y = 10
var/z = 1
for(var/i = 0; i<10; i++)
eye=locate(x+i, y+i, z)

That'll scroll the eye diagonally. I'm sure you can work out how to manoeuvre it in your intended manner.
okay thank you that might work! i didn't think of that. thanks for the help