ID:1745784

Keywords: ad, client, embed, load, web, wont
Not a bug
BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Windows 8 64-bit
Web Browser:Google Chrome
Applies to:Webclient

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

Used 5.0 Beta Version 507.1272 of BYOND

I tried out the new embed code produced by dream daemon and put it into a bare bones html file and the client acted fine until it tried loading an ad.

because the ad refuses to load I am not able to play the "game" in the embed. not sure if it's just me or not. (I don't think members would be affected)

the regular web client address on byond.com functions correctly.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
I used the following snippet and loaded it.(with a proper src of course)
[html]
<iframe src="" width=640 height=480></iframe>
[/html]

When does the problem NOT occur?
Regular web client address works fine.

Workarounds:

Are you certain an adblocker is not in play? And does this happen if the iframe is embedded into a page that doesn't have the file:// URL (e.g., an actual online page)? With file: URLs there could be permission issues in play, even though the byond.com address in the iframe is online.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Are you certain an adblocker is not in play? And does this happen if the iframe is embedded into a page that doesn't have the file:// URL (e.g., an actual online page)? With file: URLs there could be permission issues in play, even though the byond.com address in the iframe is online.

I don't have an ad blocker installed (ads load fine for regular BYOND.com) I haven't considered putting it on an actual hosting site..so I will do some further investigating and see if this is the case.

regards,
BlackoutLogix
In response to Lummox JR
Yeah, this solved my issue with the embed.

I hosted it on a live website and it loaded fine. I am kinda toying around to see if I can get the local html5 file to run for a better workflow.

I am just having a problem on my end somehow with the local file.

Anyway, thanks for the assistance.
(I don't think this is an issue now -- considering it works on a live webpage)
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not a bug)
Yeah, I think the local file is probably a non-starter because of permission issues; browsers are very careful about those.

If you want to skip the whole login process to make the workflow a little easier, just navigate directly to the play/embed URL and add ?popout=2 to it. That should improve your workflow a bit. Happy coding!