ID:1747405

(See the best response by Nadrew.)
This applies to every BYOND game because the server's advertisements pop up before any game would launch.

1. I log into the BYOND client with my username and password. (Check)
2. Methods are listed below. (Check)
2a. I search for a game on the BYOND Website via Google Chrome. I click into the game's page once I find it.
2b. I click on a game from the left sidebar; or in my case, it's loaded after I start the client up.
3. I find any server on that game's page-- doesn't matter whether it's in client or browser-- and click "Play" (Check)
4. I'd wait for a most likely never-ending "Error #2046" during the Advertisements before I can begin playing. (Stops)

Can someone please clarify what this error is? In case no one noticed, I've tried:
  • Restarting PC: Same error after above steps
  • Reinstalling BYOND: Same error after above steps
  • Googling "Error 2046": I get a question regarding Adobe Flash Player, which sounds completely irrelevant!
  • Disabling Adblocking Software for Internet Explorer: I don't see anything! (Same error)
P.S.: My operating System is Windows 8.1. When this first happened on Christmas Day 2014, I was trying to reconnect to a Duel Monsters Genesis game. My attempts to reconnect were held off by advertisements, of which wouldn't even show up because of 2 errors: this one and I forgot the 1st! Either way, it's impossible to bypass these ads to play anything, so...
Best response
BYOND's ads are Flash-powered, so the results you got about Flash Player are indeed probably relevant to what you're looking for. I recommend going back to your search results and trying some of the proposed solutions.