ID:1748474

First Outline:

Shading (Rework on the bottom-half):

Shading + Geyser below him (just a concept, color is not final and there's no shading):

The particles beneath him will animate as he floats up and down.

My biggest issue is giving him a bit more detail to his body. He just seems... so flat. And I'm not sure, for the geyser part, if the shape in it is right.
The shape's there, you just need the texture to get rid of that 'flat' feeling. Presuming he's made of water:
Yes, he's made of water. I just... I suck at pixel art. Lol. I'm at a wall here. I'm not sure how to add the texture since I'v3 never done something similar to this before. The only way I could outline and shade this monster was because of my previous works recently. It helped me a great deal and I put the knowledge that the community here has taught me to good use. So, if someone could give me some pointers on where to start or how to do it, I'd greatly appreciate it.
In response to Xirre
This is vague but, avoid pillow shading the arms. It makes it unappealing.
In response to Kboy33
Kboy33 wrote:
This is vague but, avoid pillow shading the arms. It makes it unappealing.

Are you saying I pillow-shaded the arms or are you telling me to avoid doing so for future references?

If you're saying that I pillow-shaded, could you show me an example of a different way of shading it then? That's the way I got from doing my previous base, I simply copied the technique. Same thing with the abs. But, his moobs... I just guessed that part. Not sure if that's the best way to draw his... moobs... And the geyser below him. I just don't even know.

I don't want anyone doing the whole thing for me because then I can't produce any other art by myself. But, I don't like being at a standstill either. So, a little push would be nice if anyone is willing.
In response to Xirre
Both. You did pillow shade the arms and you should avoid it. You want to apply shadow where it would rest not just outline the whole object with it. This takes practice, look through some tutorials that explain shading.

Tips:
-Don't be afraid to go bigger. You have a file size bigger than x96 but you are only using a small space of it.

-Don't be afraid to use a few colors. Don't use to many though. I like to keep like 4-6 colors in a color range.( This is based on how you want the piece to look)

-Watch color choices. You don't want colors that may hurt the eyes. Colors that conflict may look unappealing in some cases and work in others, try different things.(The red and blue in your piece clash)

Here is an example of the style I created (Over many years):

-Colors. Choosing the right colors takes time. What I normally do is copy and paste multiple of the same object and try out different color palettes on it.

-Contrast. For the most part you can distinctly see each color I used. When you want to blend then you use similar colors. Blending adds a realistic 3D look.

-Size. I made the elemental bigger to allow more detail into his chest and arms (Not to much because he is water and for style reasons)

-Symmetry. Avoid mirror flipping your work. It is noticeable to the eye. While symmetry can work in some cases, try to break it up with highlights or breaking the shape of the object. In my example you can see that the water spouts are exactly the same on the left and right side, but the shadows and highlights are different.

-Style. I like the cartoon look so I apply heavy outlines. This is my personal style.