ID:1748789

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.

Ok since the DM can't support videos types , we COULD make something like gifs and the DM then changes it to a movie and we can call it .mov
P.S : after we are done from the creator the movies needs a start up code so here is a example :

Start.movie='banana.mov'

This has been requested before, but was deemed not feasible (as a native feature). There are severals ways to work around this however, such as:

• Using a .gif.
• Using an embedded Flash video player (browser element).
• Using the HTML5 <video> element (webclient only).
• Implementing via shared library (.dll/.so)?
In response to LordAndrew
LordAndrew wrote:
This has been requested before, but was deemed not feasible (as a native feature). There are severals ways to work around this however, such as:

• Using a .gif.
• Using an embedded Flash video player (browser element).
• Using the HTML5 <video> element (webclient only).
• Implementing via shared library (.dll/.so)?

This is not what i mean
1)yes we COULD use gifs but it won't show up as a movie type
2)not a bad idea but needs internet for users and lets say i want to play a game BUT NOOO!!! i dont have internet , i cant see that video..
3)webcilent is for online players..
And what if we wannted to make a RPG game and OH NO this RPG game can't be for webcilent cuz it is singleplayer
4)since when you could do that o.O

In response to Maxsteel13
Maxsteel13 wrote:
This is not what i mean

I'm not quite understanding what you're asking for here then. Re-reading your post, it sounds like you want BYOND to convert .gif files to movies (.mov, which is already a widely used movie format). But BYOND doesn't support movie files, so it would need to do so before it could play these converted files.
LordAndrew wrote:
Maxsteel13 wrote:
This is not what i mean

I'm not quite understanding what you're asking for here then. Re-reading your post, it sounds like you want BYOND to convert .gif files to movies (.mov, which is already a widely used movie format). But BYOND doesn't support movie files, so it would need to do so before it could play these converted files.

No
Ok i will be more clear this time

So the movie creator will be like the icon creator that makes the .dmi but it will give you a larg screen to draw on it and you make the movie by drawing it (like making icons)
And since there is a type of videos is called mov lets say the name of is dmv or mtd

So once it is done
You type this code (there is others will post it later for MORE and BETTER stuff)

Start.movie = 'demo.mtd' // remember to do start to the start the movie

And when you place the screen of the map will be black and the movie will start up

Of course you will say "what about the sound"

Start.movie = 'demo.mtd'
Sound = 'meow.ogg'

What you're describing can easily be done with features that are already implemented. I'm aware you cannot edit icons larger than 256x256, but you can easily create animation frames in another program and import them into Dream Maker. From there, to start a "movie" (which is simply a .dmi file) from the beginning you can use the flick() procedure.
LordAndrew wrote:
What you're describing sounds exactly like .dmi files. I'm aware you cannot edit anything larger than 256x256, but you can easily create animation frames in another program and import them into Dream Maker. From there, to start a "movie" from the beginning you can use the flick() procedure.

you cannot edit anything larger than 256x256
Let me fix this , you MAY edit it but it is hard to draw/edit since the DM starts to lag then..

but you can easliy create animation frames in another program and import them into Dream Maker

Like what exactly?
I know the cinema4D is a great programe to do that but my internet can't download it so anything else?
In response to Maxsteel13
Paint.NET, GIMP, MS Paint, Photoshop, Graphics Gale, etc. Pretty much any kind of image editor will do.
LordAndrew wrote:
Paint.NET, GIMP, MS Paint, Photoshop, Graphics Gale, etc. Pretty much any kind of image editor will do.

K , thx
Gimp and Paint.net are both free, Gimp is pretty powerful (better selection tools then paint.net, for instance) but I think paint.net is easier to use for certain things.