ID:1748894

Code:

Problem description:

Ok, see I don't even mean to actually post this and bother the BYOND forum community, but this is really bugging me, recently I got icon chatters approved for BYOND public hub listing, however everything within the game is fine(at least as far as I can tell, or see) but the odd thing is, I have an individual hosting icon chatters from a shell server, so icon chatters is being hosted twenty four seven, and that is great, anyway though the very very really strange issue is that I stay logged in and come back to icon chatters any given time later(perhaps more than ten minutes of inactivity) and icon chatters is some kind of frozen, actually icon chatters doesn't freeze but my character logged in is frozen, and when I attempt to click or move my character logged in icon chatters will display in the text chat output "connection failed..reconnecting in ten seconds.." and then icon chatters does reconnect me, and the game itself hasn't rebooted but it is very annoying because I wanted to stay logged in active and inactive to oversee and administrate/moderate icon chatters and upon coming back or returning to icon chatters from doing whatever, I find my character frozen..ok, so like I said I've checked the icon chatters programming, and I don't think it can be anything to do with icon chatters because I attempted the same experiment by leaving icon chatters running on my pc offline without being hosted and it ran just fine and never froze, so I am wondering is there any input on what the problem or issue could be so I can help or assist icon chatters..I may try or attempt to log in from a different computer and see if that account or character will stay logged in without freezing or being logged out, thank you.
If you cannot replicate the issue offline then it sounds like some sort of connection problem, either on your end or the host's end.
If is hosted by a shell server then the issue could be that you didnt disable Threads Off, Map Threads Off those 2 can cause the game to crash every few min I've seen this issue before.
See, here is the strange thing, so I switched host and icon chatters has been doing better, icon chatters has been running without freezing, like I mentioned icon chatters itself does not freeze but player character within icon chatters seems to freeze, so here is the new story if I had two statpanels full of objects that I was using as building blocks for icon chatters, you double click on these objects within the player character's statpanel much like the inventory yet using two seperate lists my question is would having so many objects such as this within the player character's statpanel perhaps cause the player/character to freeze? I don't understand how this would be what is causing the character player to freeze because like I mentioned offline and in single player mode icon chatters does not respond the same way, icon chatters ran offline single player runs in a similar way but without freezing, so I was wondering if there was or could be any type or kind of connection..