BreederMon

by Lugia319
Finally a pet sim
ID:1750242

Poll: Would you like Monster Stats to be visible?

Yes 77% (7)
No 22% (2)

Login to vote.

Okay, so last update brought the BodyPart class into the game. Because of that, I had to overhaul breeding. Not sure how I feel about visible stats so the poll came into this.

Poll Info
I know I probably won't get a lot of votes here but I put the poll up just so I can get some feedback (I guess).

Monster stats. Monsters have 4 noncombat stats (Health, Happiness, Hunger, and Experience) and 4 combat stats (Hit Points, Attack, Defense, and Speed). Would you the player like to be able to see these 8 stats at any give time? I'm already set on letting you see what body parts your pet has (though not in stat tab form like it is now) because I mean, you can just look at your pet and figure out "Hey, does my pet have cat ears or not?" Note that egg stats are not visible nor ever will be. I want you to wait for your egg to hatch before you decide to keep it.

Breeding is now back in order. Test it out to make sure it works properly. Breeding is fairly simple, same thing as before except I made breeding make more sense.

In the last iteration of breeding, your new monster inherited averages of stats of the parents. But if you had a lvl 100 Cat and a lvl 200 dog, the resultant egg would have stats of like lvl 160 cat. And it had a chance of a 25% boost or something so you could've had a lvl 200 stat cat at lvl 1 with stat increases out the wazoo. I realized that this might be a problem, so I've reworked the breeding system to go off of base stats (the stats of new pets, like cat has 95(?) base hitpoints) and the base states of new pets can slowly increment if you breed them properly. There's also a "bad egg" event in which the new pet has LOWER base stats than the parents but this is a lower chance than an increase in base stats. I didn't want to discourage breeding for fear of lower stats, but I didn't want it to be where you can just keep increasing pet stats forever, yanno?

Yer mons also get hungry now, which means I need to work on getting a shop ready so you can buy food. I also want to work out a way for you to earn money. And making it exclusively cockfights isn't my idea of a BREEDING game. I dunno. I'll figure something out.
In the Pipeline
Naturally the creatures you get at the beginning of the game won't cover all of the traits you might want to have. THEREFORE, I have begun working on a random encounter system in which you may CAPTURE WILD POKEMON MONSTERS TO FORCE TO BREED WITH YOUR MONSTERS.

Also I might add gender sometime. I'm not sure I want gender in the game just yet.
nice dude
In response to Lugia319
Lugia319 wrote:
In the Pipeline
MONSTERS TO FORCE TO BREED WITH YOUR MONSTERS.

Rape.