ID:1755600

Resolved
BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Windows 8 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 39.0.2171.95
Applies to:BYOND Pager

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
i just updated to the latest version of byond however i had to bypass installation by manually applying the byond files right out of the .zip file and i applied administrator rights to all of the byond files when i run a game in dream seeker even if i am signed in on byond with my key i will still get logged in as a guest if i run any games such as from dream maker and i checked this i went into byond and tried to run the .dmb manually through byond signed in with my key and it logged me into my game with my key
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
run game from dream maker / outside of dream maker have byond running
Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
to be logged in with my correct key and not as the guest account
Actual Results:
being logged in as guest account
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?yes
In other games?yes
In other user accounts?yes
On other computers?

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
this did not happen right before the latest version of byond and because i had to install byond differently i was even hesitant to install the new version of byond thankfull this seems to be the only problem i've been having
Workarounds:

actually scratch that after that byond just logged me with my correct key but i don't know if this post would still be relevant to keep posted because the problem did occur we can leave it on here as event because it was an issue it just is not anymore
I'm sure this was just a one-time issue related to the installation, so it can be closed. If the issue recurs please let me know, but I'll need more info to test.
Lummox JR resolved issue