Alchemist Classic

by Oasiscircle
Alchemist Classic
Combine elements and create chain reactions to thwart your foes!
ID:1759754

Made with 50% less rage-quit!

Placement Matches are my way of handling the Elo system starting players at a mid-ranged Elo score (usually half of the maximum score so there's a clearly defined average player) and then they lose, a lot. This demoralizes a lot of people, because seeing yourself lose Elo score points over and over again to high-ranked players isn't fun. So instead, I devised a different way to introduce new players to the game's Ranked Versus mode without curb-stomping them and putting them against mid-range players right off the bat. Your Elo score now starts off invisible to everyone, including yourself, and instead in it's place you are given a number out of 5. You must play 5 "Placement Match" games before you can see your true Elo score. The game keeps track of what your score is undercover, and you can still play people that have their Elo scores (but the match-maker system puts you up against players who are also un-ranked first) and they will receive or lose score based on your invisible Elo score. The difference is, you gain and lose a lot more points if you aren't Ranked. (People who are ranked who face you don't lose/gain more though.) This makes you accelerate towards closer to where you should be, and after 5 Matches you should be a lot closer to your actual Elo score when you start off actual Ranked play.I know this will make it so that the average player isn't actually 600, but I think it's worth it. Especially if there are "Seasons" of Alchemyst, where everyone's Rank resets on a regular interval, or with each patch that adds more abilities and content to utilize in Ranked play. This reset would throw everyone back into requiring Placement Matches and would give everyone another chance to see if they can place higher up in the new season.

Leave your comments and questions below! Hope you guys have been enjoying my updates! :)
Nice!