ID:1761143

(See the best response by Nadrew.)
Is it possible to scroll through the contents of a maptext item via the client's side?
Best response
You're gonna have to be a lot more specific about what you're asking.
You have a limited space within a certain maptext width/height. The text fills it all up. How would you scroll to the end and scroll to the beginning?

I am currently using an Output Element. However... what I will now describe may only work server-side and may be very inefficient and CPU consuming as every user will be scrolling and auto-scrolling will be calculated as well.

Theory: Would you use Drag() and copytext() and then store maptext in to a separate variable that copytext() pulls from and sets maptext to? Therefore, this separate variables holds the the full text whereas maptext only displays a portion of this text?

Or would there be a simpler way of doing this? I mean, even doing it the way I described, there's going to be some issues. You'd need to calculate EACH letter's pixel to get an accurate value as to how many characters you have to copy from the separate variable and place in to maptext.