ID:1762481

BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 35.0
Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary: Sometimes the map editor display will freeze completely when using the ctrl+shift+click feature. You can still interact with it and use Dream Maker normally except the map will just be a still, frozen image and won't update whatsoever.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Ctrl+Shift+Click in the map editor.

Expected Results: Ctrl+Shift+Click basically just copies whatever entity you clicked on.

Actual Results: It does that but it freezes the map display.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?

It occurs every time.

When does the problem NOT occur?

When right clicking and using the dropdown menu to access ctrl+shift+click's function (Make Active Object)

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?

As far as I know recent versions (since the introduction of the dynamic visual effects) all have the problem.

Workarounds: Right clicking and manually selecting "Make Active Object"

There's already a report for this somewhere, but I've never been able to reproduce it.
I've seen this too, though from what I could tell it only seemed to occur with area display off, show only selectable on (though that might be biased since that's my normal editing mode).

This happened constantly to me when I was running Windows 8.1, but since switching to Lubuntu and running DM via Wine, it's not happened once - likewise with the "flicker" bug with large numbers of icon_states; perhaps both caused by bugs in the implementations of things in Windows that aren't present in Wine?