ID:1765378

Redundant
Applies to:Dream Maker

This feature has already been implemented, or is already achievable with existing methods.
I have been having an issue for a while now which in most cases causes me to spend a large amount of time making certain things that could take only 30 seconds.

Let's use a shadow just as an example so I can explain exactly what the problem is. So say I want to make a shadow with alpha transparency so that it blends with whatever tile is beneath it like so:

photo forumpostthing1_zpsc22dfc4d.png

It's easily done, but very time consuming to make a shadow that smooth using Dream Maker alone. Normally for something like this I would use Paint.net (simply because it's my prefered program) as it has a number of gradiant features and the like that makes working with alpha transparency in most cases a lot quicker and easier.

The problem comes when you then try to copy what you've created over to Dream Maker. See Below.

photo thingy2_zps3106618c.png

As seen in the picture above, when copying to Dream Maker the alpha data is completely lost.

Enabling users to copy alphas from outside software is something I feel a lot of artists, like myself, could benefit from. This is simply because, although there are workarounds, the amount of time that it takes to perform said workarounds (for example making the whole thing from scratch in Dream Maker) is enormous when compared to how long it would take with this feature.

Is it at all possible for this to be implemented? Or is there maybe a faster workaround that I haven't yet discovered myself?
If you save the file as a PNG in Paint.net, open your DMI in Dream Maker, go into the menu, Graphic->Import and import that PNG, the alpha channel should be preserved.
Nadrew resolved issue (Redundant)
This is one of the main purposes of the import function. Most programs don't translate transparency when copying the data, at least not in a way other programs understand.