Alchemist Classic

by Oasiscircle
Alchemist Classic
Combine elements and create chain reactions to thwart your foes!
ID:1767811

Bramble Shield is looking sharp!

Finally some of the truly different features that will really make the game-play unique from traditional Alchemist. Abilities are "equip-able" in the way that you choose 3 Abilities to use for your battles. Each Ability either has a Mana Cost which is shown graphically or is "Passive" and has effects that occur throughout or at the beginning the game without needing to be activated. There are shops to buy Abilities and other customizables that need to be found by defeating Dungeons. These shops will be the same as a Dungeon on the overworld map and will contain a small subset of possible Abilities for purchase. There is also the Ability Raffle which for a set price you receive a random ability based on it's Raffle Chance after you receive it. As the number of Abilities grows, the Raffle Chance will go down significantly. There are going to be so many Abilities to make, but obviously I'm saving all content creation until the end.

What do you guys think, any Ability suggestions? :)
Ability:

Akto's Revenge
Passive
Buy/Sell Price: 1000/1 GP
Chance: 0.01%

Akto has lost so many games of Alchemist that his rage and fury has given the small chance of victory. This passive instantly wins the game if it activates at the start of a match.
Ohh, I like where Yut is going with that.
Yut Put wrote:
Perhaps you could make it possible to "alchemize" your own abilities by giving them a modular set of properties?

That is definitely possible! Perhaps you are allowed to choose a certain modifying to use on one of your Abilities. Like maybe to cost slightly less, cost less extreme to one element, be slightly more powerful, be more powerful but cost more, etc etc.

Yut Put wrote:
Your interface designs are on point, as always. Makes me long for your other Roguelike.

Thanks! :)
cool looks interesting

The Amazing Ability Raffle, which lets you win random abilities for potentially a lot less than you would normally for them. I really like this concept being an option and not the only way to earn Abilities, because it adds a little fun randomness to the game and also distributes more advanced and exclusive Abilities to more than just hardcore players.
Hmm. Really liking the polish and cool ideas being implemented that you have going on with this game Oasis, and indeed your interface has pretty much always looked slick :D keep up the good work.

Guess I got bored and made this.