ID:1768044

(See the best response by Nadrew.)
Code:

Problem description:Unfortunaltey I'll have to make a good interfac sooner than I thought. Because of my dungeon system I need to have pre-determined my screen size before I complete it because it works like legend of zelda(zones), so if i change my screen the zone will go into another zone or it wont cover the entire zone.

So because of that I need to finish my interface soon and I would like to test it with a mobile device as well to find a good interface to work with both.

What are the steps to get to testing my game through a webclient pretend I don't even know how to host or put a game up before because I haven't.

Best response
All you need to do is use the latest beta version to host your game using the Dream Daemon program, it's a pretty easy to use program that tells you everything you need to know. Even if you're not able to host things to the public you'll still need to put your game live.

Now direct your web-browser (Chrome is highly recommended for web-client stuff) to

http://www.byond.com/play/127.0.0.1:[port]

Where "[port]" is the port you entered into Dream Daemon when you were going through that process to run the game.

If you want other people to join you can replace "127.0.0.1" with your external IP address and give them the link. Of course that requires setting up port forwarding and the sort.

If you don't want other people to see the game live be sure to set it to "invisible" in Dream Daemon's settings.

Good luck :)
In response to Nadrew
okay i think I get all that. But it says a fire wall or router may be blocking other players. I've tried this before and have always got this message.

Only time I've made it work not webclient but normal hosting is when I've hosted another computer directly though my connection by using open location
and I just bought that port forwarding program so maybe itll make it easier for me. but I wont be able to do this on my school network I guess. I'll have to wait until i get home
You can still test the game if the port is blocked like I said in my post, you just have to join it using your local IP address.
In response to Nadrew
I tried to host and I constantly have this problem. I know I can do it to test but this would be a problem when I release my game. I use port forwarding program it has my brandname, but not the model, but it still said it "worked" after i chose a random model. Okay so it doesnt.

Than I go in manually do it. Than I turn off every single fire wall I can while i was hosting for a short bit, than I try to use what little knowledge I had and tried to manually port it but god knows if I did that properly. And still nothing
Portforwarding doesn't require you to purchase a program for help. It is very easy to do. Once you've figured out all the needed steps the first time, every time after is very easy.

What you'll need to do is first set a static IP for your computer. Google how to do this with your router or brose your router for reserving IP distributions. Once you have designated an IP for your computer, move on.

Forward a port in your router to the IP of your computer that you set to be static. For BYOND, all you need is TCP (I believe that's what BYOND runs on).

Make sure your router's firewall allows inbound and outbound connections. A computer's firewall shouldn't really matter and in most cases it's best to leave it on for some security. If problems persist, try turning off your computer's firewall too.

Host your game and test things out. Let me know if problems still persist and I'll try helping out 1-on-1.