ID:1768468

Yea I'm not super knowledgeable with hosting, but in saying that ive both done things with my firewall, used port forwarding program than tried to manuall do it. And I'm stuck I don't know how to host it. Like imagine I just bought a new computer. What would you start changin that might allow me to host.

Anything special i need to do on the hub entry?
How To Forward Ports

It shouldn't be that hard. Just click on a link to one of the many tutorials or guides.
In response to Multiverse7
ive seen multiple tutorials on port forwarding now been doing the exact thing as I've been doing. So rather therre is another step after that i don't know, or every computer or router I own has had some extra firewall or protection thats been making this a pain
Have you tried connecting directly to your modem, with no routers?
So I don't need to do anything hub wize? Or any ports that are known to work well?

No I havent. If it works like that I'll be glad as I plan to host with a direct line anyway. But I've done so many things we will see if it works I'll try tomorrow.

And I think my modem and router are one.
You don't need a hub to host at all. That has nothing to do with it.

The problem is with either your modem/router, your computer, or both. Usually though it would be with the modem. You probably need to forward the same ports through every modem and router, punching a hole all the way down the line. Then make sure to type the same port number into Dream Daemon when you host. When you are connected directly to your modem, the process is much more simple.
okay now ive connected directly into modom, have porting set up, and put down windows fire wall and still nothing
and other computers dont work as well.This is a new router but the old one i had the same problems on every computer just like this one
How are you setting up the port forwarding? You should be changing the settings that are accessed by navigating to your default gateway in a browser. It's probably not going to work any other way.
How is it not working?

Does it show up on your hub? If not, make sure you set world/hub and world/hub_password to match your hub entry.

If you host using Dream Daemon, does it show a little message saying "BYOND hub reports port XXXX can be reached by players."? If not, you probably didn't port-forward correctly. Make sure you're hosting on the ports you forwarded, and that you forwarded to the correct local IP of your host machine.

After that, if people still get a "Connection failed" message when they try to join, it usually means a firewall on your machine is blocking it. Make sure you have exceptions for Dream Seeker and Dream Daemon.
In response to DarkCampainger
I'm port forwarding correctly. I even watched a video of the exact same router system I had and mine still doesn't go through. It says it can't be reached by players. And I've also turned off my router. I'm doing port 8000 I set it up on router than in dream daemon I put port 8000

But I haven't done that world/hub thing where is that done in my code?
In response to DarkCampainger
Turned off firewall I mean not router
now that i did that hub stuff i no longer get a redlight but i dont get a green light either and cant host still