ID:1769361

(See the best response by Xirre.)
Code:

Problem description:Im just going to make another post about this as now its far down and probably wont be seen by many new people and it wasnt solved.

SO I can't host, but I've port forwarded on port 8000 and used port 8000 on dream daemon. Than i turned off firwall, as well as connect directly into my modem and still no results. It used to give me the red error message but now that ive set up my hub in my code it gives me neither a red error message or a green success message, but is still unable to host. Im stuck please help

nevermind now the red error message is popping up again
Look, hosting issues are usually a lack of port forwarding on the router. Without enough information, it is impossible for us to tell you how to go about doing what you need. Do note that these problems are generally caused outside of BYOND.

You say that you've forwarded port 8000, but are you certain that you were successful? We don't really know anything about your setup, so it is very difficult for us to help you.
also dont know if this will help but i know port 80 is the web port or something like that. Well if I use portforwarding program It doesnt even detect that port and says its unavailable
Port 80 is for HTML requests. Have you tried forwarding the port yourself, without using a program?
In response to Mightymo
yes i have. Ive watched a youtube tutorial on the same set up as mine. And mine still doesnt work with the exact way they did it on the exact same router. I've also watched tons of videos on potential problems some of them i had some of them i didnt fixed them still doesnt work. It just seems like just a big list of problems between telus router application and windows firewall
I believe that this can be narrowed down. There should be other sites that can check if you have a port open. Test your port.
Best response
http://ping.eu/port-chk/

Enter your external IP which is displayed a bit towards the top in the center.

Host the game before checking.

Check the port you want to host on.

It will show up as open if it can connect. But, it will only be open if you are actually using the port.
In response to Xirre
okay i somehow got it working, the port is open and available to play. but when i play it, it doesnt work however the port has a green light
http://whatsmyip.org --> byond://ip_here:port_here

Is it in this format?

Have you gotten others to try it?

Does it say ...failed or ..................failed in Options and Messages?

Does DreamDaemon say it is available?
In response to Xirre
yes, dream daemon says it available but when i play it however it will not work
and yes my ip in that format. my ip is correct and the port says its working in dream daemon but it wont play.
do i need to set the download thing in my hub? and if i do does that mean people can access my code and resources?
The hub is a just a way for people to find your server. It in no way affects your ability to host. So, having a download wouldn't help. Downloads often give people the ability to host the game for themselves, but they don't get the code and resources.
In response to Mightymo
Mightymo wrote:
The hub is a just a way for people to find your server. It in no way affects your ability to host. So, having a download wouldn't help. Downloads often give people the ability to host the game for themselves, but they don't get the code and resources.

Be sure to explain that they don't get the code and resources if you don't link the code and resources.

All that should be in whatever link you provide is the .dmb file and the .rsc file. No .dm files, .dmi files, or anything else of the sort. The .dmb file and .rsc file should be zipped (which is done for your by DreamMaker if you use the built in packaging feature).
nevermind i got it working, once i got my port to work it still wasnt working cause i dont think im allowed to access it through my wifi unless i do open location or join. my phone using cellular data could do it fine but not when it was using wifi. so thank you guys for advice im pretty sure its all good now