ID:1770748

I know there are many posts on this issue

But my problem is little different as I am hosting two games on my shell without any problem but recently I tried hosting a new game and it says port not reachable but it is reachable I have tested many games

my shell uses byond 507 and my comp uses byond 506 is it the problem of packaging of files as it is packaged in 506 and being on 507 as far I know its not the port or the firewall problem
It probably says port not reachable because your port is not open. Contact your provider for more information on how to solve this problem. If they can't help you, ask back here. I'll try and see what I can do.
the port is opened as i have tested many games on this port and it said port is able to reach player and games were visible on hub only on this game it shows not reachable idk
That doesn't make sense. The port shouldn't be depending on the game. Have you tried contacting your provider?
lol i dont have to call my provider ik port is opened

see the game is packaged in 506 version on byond and hosted in 507 i have given some of the hosters to to try hosting but for them also they are getting same port not able to reach even if the port is opened
Well if you're so sure the port is open then why haven't you fixed the problem yet?

Try a different port, don't host multiple things on one port, check if firewall or possibly antivirus is allowing the port through, make sure the ports are actually open by pinging it etc etc etc..

Try that
In response to Laser50
Laser50 wrote:
Well if you're so sure the port is open then why haven't you fixed the problem yet?

Try a different port, don't host multiple things on one port, check if firewall or possibly antivirus is allowing the port through, make sure the ports are actually open by pinging it etc etc etc..

Try that

i even tested on other ports too but every port it says same thing
In response to Fanny10
Fanny10 wrote:
Laser50 wrote:

Try that

i even tested on other ports too but every port it says same thing

Just... contact your provider. You say you don't need to. But, honestly, we don't know what is on your server. However, you pay them to make things fine for you. If something is wrong with your VPS, they can help you. Not us. So, as I stated before. Contact them and get the firewall issue sorted out. Because what you are describing is a firewall issue.
i cent host game how to fix that???

In response to Gokuwarior213
Gokuwarior213 wrote:
i cent host game how to fix that???

i duno m8

how to get firewall of ??
Control panel and go firewall. Turn of fire wall. It gg m8 n get DAT b8
Wouldn't recommend that though. Would you take chance for being easily hacked?
Some information like the actual port, and the game you're trying to host would be nice. Some games are hard coded to open on a specific port, that's the only thing I can think of in a scenario like this.

It is also possible that the game is only meant to be hosted on a specific version of BYOND, it's best that you contact the owner of the game itself.

You also want to make sure that others can actually join the server you're hosting. It may put up a green message saying, "World opened at xxxx." but that doesn't necessarily mean others will be able to connect.