ID:1772616

URL: http://www.byond.com/play/23.99.84.35:8802
Live: Live

Just posting them here for consideration.

WebClient is on the left.

Almost everything rendered is an image object which was done to achieve the theme and mist-of-war effects. The MapText renders on top of invisible image objects.

- MapText rendering the wrong color and not centered properly on Units.

- MapText not rendering on the hexagons as part of the initial map generation. (starting units)

- At lower left bottom, one of the player names is missing. Just a winset call to a label there.

- At lower right bottom, all the buttons, slider and standard 4.0 controls are a mess.

Very cool intro :P

This is what it looks like for me ...

http://i60.tinypic.com/2gumbr6.png

Edit, in Chrome (latest)
To deal with a number of these it'd help to have a game to host, even better to have source. I'd also recommend posting a bug report for each issue, except the maptext color which was already reported (id:1744047).

The maptext rendering in the wrong spot isn't something I've seen before, but it might simply be that you're outputting something specific that doesn't come up in my tests. The color issue is one that has been reported already by YutPut, but without a test project (and that specific project would help a lot) I haven't been able to suss it out. Other projects I've dealt with that previously had similar issues, like Eternia, are working now.

The missing label is definitely odd. I'd have to see what was going on with that. (You're not doing anything like using nonstandard characters in control IDs, are you? The skin translator tries to compensate for that.)

Can you elaborate on what's specifically wrong with the buttons? (The big green End Turn one I notice is not reflected in your webclient pic; or leastwise it does not say End Turn.)
I have one thing to say. Are they the same layers? The webclient, to the best of my knowledge, treats layers differently than DS does. It'd be advised to not have multiple objects with the same layer and instead categorize them like you should. I learned this the hard way when I went through something similar like this.

If this is your problem, then I have one thing to say. I sure wish I could continue to be lazy and not specify different layers. And you may too.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
To deal with a number of these it'd help to have a game to host, even better to have source. I'd also recommend posting a bug report for each issue, except the maptext color which was already reported (id:1744047).

The maptext rendering in the wrong spot isn't something I've seen before, but it might simply be that you're outputting something specific that doesn't come up in my tests. The color issue is one that has been reported already by YutPut, but without a test project (and that specific project would help a lot) I haven't been able to suss it out. Other projects I've dealt with that previously had similar issues, like Eternia, are working now.
- Sent my source over to you for this one.

The missing label is definitely odd. I'd have to see what was going on with that. (You're not doing anything like using nonstandard characters in control IDs, are you? The skin translator tries to compensate for that.)

Can you elaborate on what's specifically wrong with the buttons? (The big green End Turn one I notice is not reflected in your webclient pic; or leastwise it does not say End Turn.)
- Green button was missing due to game state. The WebClient was a different player.

- First thing is that buttons in the WebClient show the border effects that make it look like a button while the WinClient does not show any border styles.

- Text is lower in the button controls. Not seen in the screenshots.

- I'll need some more time to file bugs and to look into the other issues and oddities.

Alright, filed a bunch of bugs. Found a number of issues were on my end.

1. The player name not showing up was because I had a duplicate named control hiding under the map. Likely caused by an accidental copy/paste at some point. The interesting thing to take away from this one is that the WebClient consistently updated the hidden one while the WinClient consistently updates the other. Why is that and does it matter?

2. I think the MapText not rendering on territories during the initial map generation is going to turn out to be a late join bug. I'll keep ownership of that one and see if I can't repro.

The rest of the issues I called out here have been posted as individual bugs.

As it's the Super Bowl and all, it's time to get my game face on. Go Hawks!