Mitadake High

by Devourer Of Souls
Mitadake High
Anime, horror, survival, mystery, murder, intrigue! All rolled into one little school. Ain't it fun?
ID:1773258

Hello, so some of you may or may not know me, it's unlikely but it feels like a nice way to introduce a forum post like this one. I'm inffliction a pixel artist who although hasn't been big in the BYOND community has been around for a very long time. I remember being a part of this community when I considered myself a child and that's saying something.

In short I have a lot of experience with hosting games, admin work etc. And I like to think I'm pretty damn good at it.

Now that introductions are made, I'd like to let you guys know that I'll be hosting a Mitadake High server. I used to play this a lot and unfortunately I always thought that this game had so much potential but was ruined by the freedom of players. Players used to always play the game differently to each other which ended with a lot of roleplay clashing, unsmooth stories, RK; the list goes on.

It caused a lot of problems and I very much feel like this was one of the major causes to the game going dead, not just the servers. It got to the point where regular players were disappearing quickly and the community sorta fell apart. I could be wrong but that's the impression I got.

But enough about that, I'd like to talk more about the server I have decided to make. This server is going to be a strict roleplay server with very strict rules. The rules I am trying to forge will be very subject to change before becoming more stable after a small amount of experimentation, but I have a very good reason for these rules. I understand that strict rules feel like they remove your freedom and make things difficult for you but that's not what this is about. The rules I am making will simply be designed in a way that will force everyone to play in the exact same way which means all the problems I mentioned earlier and other problems I didn't mention will be completely fixed.

You don't like the idea that I'm making such rules and just wanna play the good ol' mitadake high the same way it used to be? Never fear. These rules will ONLY be in place while I'm personally running a game which means in automated mode normal MH rules apply. In fact, for the first week or so, until a player base is build for the server, ALL games will be automated. This gives you plenty of time to get into the game again before learning these new things.

One thing I implore you to do however, if you log in and there are very few people online, don't be discouraged, there is a good chance people will not be staying for long due to a lack of people. A lot of people have been logging in even before I've posted about it but have all missed each other because they logged out too quickly. If you're patient enough people will come.

Additional Info:
- The rules will be displayed in the MOTD, please make sure to read these carefully before I begin my hosted games because this will be very important. (Obviously at first I will be very very lenient for a while whilst people are still learning)

- Punishments for breaking hosted game rules will not be severe but will be discriminant. If you break the rules at all you will be punished in some way.

- As to what punishments will be they will range at anything from you not being able to participate in the next game to 24 hours bans. Long-term or Permanent bans will be dished out in VERY extreme cases.

- Ask me questions! I have said my whole life: "Asking a question makes you foolish for a minute but wiser forever." I will always answer your questions no matter what they are and I will never ever be hostile towards someone asking a question no matter what it is.

=========================================

This is all I wanted to say about the server for now. Make sure to ask any questions at all below as I would really like to answer them for you and will do so as quickly as I can.

Enjoy!

photo Inffliction_zpse7f44996.png