Eureka

by Kozuma3
Eureka
Are you destined to looty dat booty?
ID:1773537

Slowly making progress, I've given up on looking for an artist and will be doing it myself.
Good job. Artists can cramp your style. Keep up the good work.
Nice work, can't wait to test out what you've done!
I'll be rooting for you.
I think it looks fantastic!
In response to Mickemoose
Mickemoose wrote:
I think it looks fantastic!

Added dashing and redid the health bar below the player.

Your dashing speed and distance is based on your movement speed stat.

[Edit] Made the afterimage disappear faster , I'm also running the server at 60FPS with no problem , even with 5 clients.

Y'know honestly your art style isn't that bad. I think this style works just fine for what you are working on. As someone who enjoys minimalist-styled art, I'd say this is great. *thumbs up*
In response to Mr_Goober
Mr_Goober wrote:
Y'know honestly your art style isn't that bad. I think this style works just fine for what you are working on. As someone who enjoys minimalist-styled art, I'd say this is great. *thumbs up*

Thank you so much (:
should go back to the shorter version of that base in my opinion
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
should go back to the shorter version of that base in my opinion

I was hesitant on saying this. But, I agree. The shorter base would:

• A) Be easier to make sprites for since it's smaller
  • B) It's cuter
  • C) It't looks like shit and like things complement themselves. Thus, making it look 10x better than most BYOND games. It's like having a lot of ugly people around you and you being just a bit hotter than them. If all you have is ugly people to compare to, what's to say you aren't a sexy beast!?!?!?!?
I agree with shorter player sprites mostly because the screen is small, which makes the character look huge.
SADPFACE.jpeg
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
SADPFACE.jpeg

Screw what we think, though. It's your game. So do whatever you'd like.
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
SADPHACE.jpeg

In response to Mr_Goober
Mr_Goober wrote:
Kozuma3 wrote:
SADPFACE.jpeg

Screw what we think, though. It's your game. So do whatever you'd like.

It's your game. But I also guess you want other people to buy it. So, take advice and go with the shittier drawing, Kozzy. The shorter one is better. :)
In response to Kozuma3
Idk I want to at least try
to add it.

Idk I've been changing bases constantly and now changed all the turfs icon_states to match it