ID:1776693

(See the best response by Mightymo.)
Code:

Problem description: so there's this test I did that tests how many people you could host on a minecraft server. Sense minecraft probably uses more resources being 3d hypothetically would I have a greater number of people that it gave me? It gave the number of 30, so if it gave me more Id be happy. Cause later I plan to buff my PC and wireless connection
Best response
It depends on your computer specs, your network connection, and how well you program the game. There are different ways to program things, and some will take more resources than others.
In response to Mightymo
Okay but currently my game uses no resources unless your doing an action. But in mine craft things are moving and growing. So is it a safe assumption to assume my game is more efficient?

I'm planning to buy a super computer64-128 gb ram. And I would love fiber optics but I don't think there available in many areas yet. So I'll try getting to at least 100 mb upload and 25 download or whatever the highest cable is right now
In response to Mightymo
And I know different programming will mean different efficiencies. But just being 3d alone causes a lot more resources. So it's safe to assume my game would be more efficient? As its a 2d game that has no background processes until you perform an action(attack, move.. Ect)
That isn't strictly true. It is certainly possible to program a game in 2D that takes more resources than a 3D game. Also, I think your idea of efficiency is a bit off. Your game could be considerably less efficient, but still take fewer resources, as it's doing less.

If your game is as simple as you claim, you're probably fine for a decent number of people. Just do your best, and take it from there. Even if it weren't, you could probably host what you mention in your post without too much trouble.