ID:1777967

Keywords: chatters
Been wanting to drop by several times now, but Chatters's dead. :-(
Not really. A lot of them chat on Skype, but that's about it as far as I know.
I actually still host chatters. Not sure how setting it up works (I read the doc for getting it on the hub, didn't work). But, it's been up for a good 4 months with nobody using it though.
https://github.com/Stephen001/Chatters You usually want to take from github, as it's been a fair bit updated (and made easier to host) since then.
Downloaded it. Compiled it. Got 100 errors. Not really feeling like reading anything. If anyone wants to set it up, I'd be glad to give them free access to my servers as a safe-mode DreamDaemon. They can manage it themselves from there and make whoever they want admin and all that mumbojumbo.
In response to Xirre
Generally, when that happens, you don't have the necessary libraries downloaded.
In response to Xirre
Xirre wrote:
Downloaded it. Compiled it. Got 100 errors. Not really feeling like reading anything. If anyone wants to set it up, I'd be glad to give them free access to my servers as a safe-mode DreamDaemon. They can manage it themselves from there and make whoever they want admin and all that mumbojumbo.

Really? Worked fine for me first time round.
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
Xirre wrote:

Really? Worked fine for me first time round.

I may have done something wrong. Downloaded it as a zip and compiled the .dme but no luck. Some files were missing.
Did you clone Stephen's GIT repo?

If you did, you need the submodules he included.

If you've already cloned the repo just run

git submodule update --init --recursive

If you need to clone it again

git clone --recursive https://github.com/Stephen001/Chatters.git

Granted, I cloned it awhile back so I had no errors, just tried again and got this.

src/struct/ChatterManager.dm:25:error: window_id: undefined var
src/struct/ChatterManager.dm:30:error: window_id: undefined var
src/struct/ChatterManager.dm:31:error: window_id: undefined var
src/struct/ChatterManager.dm:34:error: window_id: undefined var

I've created the variable which will probably do more harm than good....
I didn't even clone it. I downloaded it straight from github as a .zip in hopes it would work.
Thanks to A.T.H.K, it's now live: byond://BYOND.world.296992796
Nice :)
I do try to pop in from time to time, but I usually find it devoid of active people, if there are any people there at all.

Viva la Chatters!
BYOND IRC is operational, and a couple of us hang out there too.

irc.audeuro.com (Yes, hosted by Kyle)
port 6667
I hang out on BYOND IRC as well, but usually I'm only around during business hours (8 AM - 5 PM CST) when everyone else has disappeared.
I miss Chatters. I've grabbed mIRC and I'll be idling in the chatroom more often that not, most likely... though I'd prefer if the Chatters server were still live.
In response to Writing A New One
Writing A New One wrote:
I miss Chatters. I've grabbed mIRC and I'll be idling in the chatroom more often that not, most likely... though I'd prefer if the Chatters server were still live.

Technically they are. ATHK is the one hosting it. Though, it's not very active currently. I'll probably hop over to IRC and idle there as well. I have HexChat always open so it's no hassle to me.
ATHK's server doesn't seem to be appearing on the Chatters hub and I couldn't connect to the link you posted, Xirre. It instantly gave me a connection failed.
In response to Writing A New One
Writing A New One wrote:
ATHK's server doesn't seem to be appearing on the Chatters hub and I couldn't connect to the link you posted, Xirre. It instantly gave me a connection failed.

www.byond.com/games/Xooxer/Chatters
http://www.byond.com/play/491606224

Works fine here.
Yeah, it's still up. And that's the same link I got.

Edit: You gotta remember, I posted the link BYOND creates. Something that changes over time. And if you're looking at the hub through the pager, don't. Sometimes it refuses to update. You'd have to exit the pager and open it again.
Page: 1 2